brake upgrade time

O

Odin

The main thing is that you are happy with your set up mate ;-) , I still think that the stiffer four pot calliper that is pushing from both sides properly will give you far greater clamping force than the standard sliding calliper ;-) .

Oh and when I spoke to the AP guy I was talking about raod and track use, He said pretty much the same as you regarding a road only car lol.

Rob

youngsyp

Odin said:
The main thing is that you are happy with your set up mate ;-) , I still think that the stiffer four pot calliper that is pushing from both sides properly will give you far greater clamping force than the standard sliding calliper ;-) .

Oh and when I spoke to the AP guy I was talking about raod and track use, He said pretty much the same as you regarding a road only car lol.

Rob
Rob,

I totally agree with your point about the stiffer 4 pot caliper, and the better clamping force. That's another area where you will see the benefits over the OE caliper.

And don't get me wrong, if I had the chance to get a set of 4 pot calipers for my car, I would. Even the larger range of pad materials would be nice but, as I've said, they would work more effectively too.
The point I was originally trying to make was that the OE calipers, with decent pads, larger drilled or grooved discs and braided lines, will improve the shonky OE brake set no end.

As for the comment from the AP tech, I always take 'experts' comments with a pinch of salt, especially when there's plenty of evidence to the contrary at hand. The most important thing is that you're happy with your choice (I know I would be with that set up ;-) ) and it's clear you are !

So, can we all hug now ? :lol:

Paul

O

owens

all this info has been a good read but im realy not looking at spending £800-£1500 on a set of brakes at the moment as i just dont have the spare cash.
as above most people have stated that they didnt belive the big disc upgrade was efficient enough to warrent spending £280 so in all honesty im very tempted to look at fitting the 300zx 4pots or perhaps a second hand set of brembos, making up a set of brackets isnt going to be any trouble, but i would be very interested to know if anyone has used the 300zx calipers before as these can be sourced for a reasonable cost and i can re-build them at work whilst im bored

B

beastgtir

Ive got the 4-pot 308mm Godspeed set up and it is superb. Its got grooved discs and ferrado pads and stops on the touch.