Brake problem.

stumo

I had problems bleeding the rears, the bias valve was knackered.

It didn't stop the fronts from working though.

dencon

The pedal has to be pumped a couple of times to get brake, which is then only on front left. I have blead them varios ways. By 18psi air, and twice with help on pedal.Not a sign of a bubble anywhere. How can I test bias valve in positon. Thought about putting airline on first primary line and then on secondary line. Any goog? cheers den

stumo

I guess if the crash was severe enough then the valve could be damaged (i did say could! although i doubt it), was yours the yellow one that was pictured a few days ago on here?

When you were bleeding by pressing the pedal, did both sides feel the same or was one side harder to press than the other (assuming both nipples were opened the same amount)?

Were you getting a reasonable amount of pedal movement (ie easily pressed to the floor) or was it hard to press?

the same goes for the fronts.....were they both as easy to press the pedal when bleeding? were you getting the same amount of pedal movement, same amount of fluid??

Are you using goodridge type pipes and not old rubber OEM pipes??

dencon

Thanks stu. Unfortunatly I was on the nipple end with help on pedal so am unable to answer many of above. Ive got willwoods front and rear with goodridge pipes. Yes that was my super nismo rb. Just think, ive been telling everyone that I just scratched the wing. How did you remove your valve, did you drop engine? den.

stumo

My engine was out but i guess once the inlet manifold was removed it should be pretty easy to swap (although it'll be a PITA).

OK just reread your comments, if you have to press the pedal several times to get the brakes to work (and there's no air in the system and the pistons etc aren't sticking/ pressed out already**) then that'll point to the master cyl. The seals will be knackered and will take pumping to get a pedal.

**have you checked disc runout???????

Why only one side of the fronts are working is beyond me, perhaps the pistons in the non-working caliper are stuck (it will still bleed ok) as the bias valve shouldn't do anything to the pressure going to the fronts!