brake pedal drop

GTIR-LOZ

i know its been a while but i have been having a mare with the exhaust manifold but now thats sorted i thought i would change the proportioning valve, and that seems to have made no differenc either which annoys me a bit as it was a cnut to do!!

the only things the same now are the brake pipes the rear calipers and the servo, i dont think its the servo as that really only gives you pedal assist so it leave the pipes and the rear calipers, neither of which i can see causing the problem either so i am clueless now

davey red.r

did you change the master cylinder?
ive got a one for 15quid, if you want to try that as a process of elimination.

davey;-)

P

pulsarboby

im baffled loz:?
i have no idea of what else it can be other than possibly a kinked or trapped brakeline (on lock)
but theres a prob there and one things for certain 'something is causing it' :der: quote by mr obvious lol

GTIR-LOZ

yeah its a strange one i am going to try bleeding while going lock to lock and see if thats better if not im going to burn it!!!

i dont think its the hoses as it did it before the new hel ones it could be the pipes though i guess, i might come and get some rear calipers off you and see if that does anything

i hate spending money on things that dont make it faster!

GTIR-LOZ

well its sorted it appears that the bearing on the o/s/f was moving inside the hub so you could feel no play in the wheel as such but on close inspection of the disc it could be seen moving away from the pads but you had to move the wheel top to bottom very hard

put a new hub on it and all seems well, its nice to be able to drive a bit more confidently i have to say lol

cheers to everyone for the ideas and help i hope this sorts a few other people out