brake pads

abyss

Dont have the cash to upgrade to 4 pots for the time being but what are the best pads to use on the R for the time being.

youngsyp

Pagid fast road if you can still get them :? Or Mintex m1144. If you can afford to, put on some braided brake lines and change the fluid for a higher boiling point type like Motul RBF600, depending on whether you R has ABS or not. If you can't afford the braided lines, change the fluid anyway as it should be done atleast every year :wink:

Give here a try: www.motorsportworld.co.uk or www.rallynuts.com

abyss

i already have braided hoses on and better fluid ripped the abs out and thrown it away i hate the thing. I have also taken the abs light off the dash.

youngsyp

abyss said:
i already have braided hoses on and better fluid ripped the abs out and thrown it away i hate the thing. I have also taken the abs light off the dash.
Good stuff buddy. Let us know how you get on with whatever pad you decide on :wink:

abyss

i know there is good and bad reviews about EBC but my mate had them on his 2.8 v6 sierra and ok they wear fast but they where very good pads is it the same case with the R as i fanny trying them out and if they dont work change.

N

Ninj-r

Redstuff work great (after they have warmed up) initially but tend to lose a lot of stopping power rapidly after, also are a mofo for brake dust.

Not tried mintex 1144 but have heard they are very good.

kyepan

not had ebc but they are not supposed to be very good.

Have had lots of sets of mintex m1144, good, more bite, not much fade
Didn't like the Pagids as much, although Vpulsar thinks they are good, and they are.

Had a set of M1155 that were the best of the bunch, they take a couple of applications to warm and then they stop well untill the crappy discs and callipers cannot cope.

hope you get your new calipers and discs soon :) which ones are you going for?