Brake Calipers

tomble

Hello everyone, before i ask this question, i may just say that i have tried searching for an answer - but no joy!

Brake caliper upgrades, be it wilwood, ap, brembo etc.

Are the calipers pretty much all the same units, but supplied with specific mounting brackets for the "kit" you purchase for your choice of car?

The reason i ask is becuase you can source cheap(ish) calipers from ebay in kits for other vehicles.

The link below is just an example of what i mean

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-Rover-MGF-...628978768QQcategoryZ10414QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Could you buy these types of kit and then source/fabricate the mounting brackets/discs and fit them to the R?

Theres a wide range of decent calipers available at a fraction of the cost of a specific upgrade for the gtir

Please delete if this is bollox

Tom

MarkTurbo

You could do it that way, theres quite a lot of calipers about that would fit with a different bracket. But by the time you've got somebody to make you up caliper brackets/disc mounting bells you probably wouldnt be far off the price of a specific kit for the car anyway, unless you can make them up yourself ;-)

I've got 2 types of Brembo caliper and an AP racing caliper that im trying to get to fit at the moment, just cant decide which to go for. If i dont hurry up i'm gonna end up killing myself with the standard brakes and lots more power :lol: