BOV identification?

pulsarmoley

Just wondered if anyone could confirm my make of BOV, i think Bob told me a while ago its a Sheepdog?

From what i have read in other threads the adjustment is for when you are running higher boost levels, is this correct?

GTIR1000

my sheep dog looks similar this might be an earlier version i think i read somewhere maybe even on here sheepdog was also called Prof B. Does it chatter alot but when you really give it some it just sounds like a hssssh

pulsarmoley

my sheep dog looks similar this might be an earlier version i think i read somewhere maybe even on here sheepdog was also called Prof B. Does it chatter alot but when you really give it some it just sounds like a hssssh
Hit the nail on the head there, yeah it flutters/chatters but does make a fair dump noise, it does look pretty ancient. Just cant decide whether to keep it or try something else?

Any info/advice on the adjustment?

pulsarmoley

keep it there a rare dumpvalve and i dotn think there is any that sound better
True, i cant say i have heard any turbo cars in my area that makes this kind of sound, just not sure about the adjustment because i fiddled with it ages ago and never noticed any difference.

GTIR1000

all i noticed is that when you undo the screw it lets of at low revs and looses that chatter sound a bit as well

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I wouldn't keep it if you don't like the sound; if it's so valuable you can't bare to part with it, put it in the cupboard. Otherwise, sell it and buy something you do like.

I used to have a Bailey one and liked the solid "snort" when it dumped, but ultimately it was a pretty shite valve and was responsible for my high idle (because it leaked under vacuum).