Boot catch/Petrol Flap catch snapped!!!

C

Crazy

Lads I need some help here or my car is off the road for a few days and its too cold to be walking to work :cry:

Beside the drivers seat there is a catch to open the boot and the petrol flap but my cable has snapped :? so I am unable to open my petrol flap to fill up, the boot catch is not a problem because I can open the boot with my key but I need to fill up my car ASAP as the petrol light is on :!:

Pulled the carpet up a little and cannot see where the cable has snapped so now my car is off road as I have not got a clue how to open the petrol flap :cry:

Anybody know how to get the petrol flap open????? :?:

J

jiw

Just trace it back as far as you can and pull the cable with some pliers...

If its snapped at the flap end theirs always mr screwdriver :cry:

O

Odin

You should be able to get to the catch from inside the boot, just remove the boot trim and have a good look with a torch :wink: .

It's also pretty easy to remove the seats and carpets from an R, so you can replace the cable with a new one :D

rob

J

justin666

mine did this and it turned out it wasnt the cable that had snapped.! It was a little bit of plastic that supports the cable on the lever by the seat. Bit of glue and a zip tie later all fixed :D

J..

C

Crazy

Just trace it back as far as you can and pull the cable with some pliers...
Had a quick look but the cable is in some kind of protective sleeve!!! :(

If its snapped at the flap end theirs always mr screwdriver
FUKC THAT!!! :shock:

You should be able to get to the catch from inside the boot, just remove the boot trim and have a good look with a torch .
Excellent, now thats the response I wanted to hear 8)

It's also pretty easy to remove the seats and carpets from an R, so you can replace the cable with a new one
I know but I would probobly FUKC it up somehow :oops:

mine did this and it turned out it wasnt the cable that had snapped.! It was a little bit of plastic that supports the cable on the lever by the seat. Bit of glue and a zip tie later all fixed
Could be :D Gives me something else to check :wink:

Thanks for replying so quickly lads :D

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Crazy said:
You should be able to get to the catch from inside the boot, just remove the boot trim and have a good look with a torch .
Excellent, now thats the response I wanted to hear 8)
You can get to it from inside the boot as I had to replace the bit that goes from the inside of the car into the filler cap hole. :wink:

C

Crazy

Sorted lads, managed to open it through the boot!!! :D

It was well easy and after a little inspection it seems like I have not snapped the cable it has somehow come off at the lever by the drivers seat :?

Gonna get the seat out at the weekend and have a proper look to see if I can fix it :wink: