Boost

niklock1

I bought a boost guage the other day and stuck it in the R because PTS had set the boost at 1.3 bar. it has been set at 1.6 bar apparently in the past but because of the ammount of fuel its been useing and to be safe i asked for it to be tured down. The car is running a dta e48 ignition setup and a silly bleed valve until i get some more cash to spend on it. Anyway i got the new boost guage on the other night and took it for a blast last night and the guage went up to 1.9 bar! i backed off there, but wandered what PTS are playing at?

geetee

sounds like they left a pipe off somewhere and ur running unlimited boost.

fast fast bang.......

check your pipes from the actuator back, I presume at that boost your running an FMIC? If not the usual suspect is the little metal pipe through the TMIC frame.... the pipe from the plenum to the actuator plugs each side of this.... all too easy to leave one off when fitting and refitting.

As an aside.... are there any trusted tuners apart from Hiteq and Abbey? But then I've seen "alleged" horror stories there too.

Mike (ex-gtir) is down your way, I'm sure he'd check you're pipework if you are really stuck - might have to sling him a beer note or 2 but he knows what he's looking at.

Cheers
Graham