boost setting

A

Anonymous

whats the stock boost for a GTiR?

on my boost gauge, it reads about 3 or 4 notches at full balls out, I dont know how to read the stock gauge, can anyone help? please?

D

dannyboy

yes but can i

Curtis said:
Stock boost is 0.7 bar, the standard gauge is pants so ignore it and get a better one.
i was told i car run 1.0 bar with standard intercooler just wind it up to 1 bar is this true as i have my doubts

paz

Re: yes but can i

dannyboy said:
Curtis said:
Stock boost is 0.7 bar, the standard gauge is pants so ignore it and get a better one.
i was told i car run 1.0 bar with standard intercooler just wind it up to 1 bar is this true as i have my doubts
Its true. Depending on who you talk to some people will say its possible with nothing other than a bleed valve. Others will tell you that you need an uprated fuel pump, some kind of fuel controller, and a electronic boost controller. There are people on here that have done it both ways - but one thing that is certain is that the standard turbo/engine etc can take 1 bar of boost quite happily as long as it is set up right.

There is no hard and fast rule about when you should swap your standard intercooler over to a FMIC but most people agree not until you get to around the 330+ bhp mark.

Paz

Stevo

im getting a uprated fuel pump for peice of mind, standard block with a uni chip and boost control and standard cooler.

next on me list is FMi/c ;)