boost problem!help!!!

S

str_motorsport

hi, i got as problem with boost on my gti-r
car is back to standard boost and with a goose and air filter it produced 10psi of boost at approx 3500rpm.
when the car is cold it is ok, but when hot i have less boost, approx 7psi at 3500rpm and i only reach 10psi at 5000rpm!!!what could it be?
i don't think it is the ecu reducing the boost, because i have it but later...
could it be the turbo?or the pop.off?or the wastgate?
all hoses on intercooler are ok,vacum hoses ok too....
what could it be?
i was going to fit 550 cc injectors, ecu upgrade, frontmunted intercooler and raise boost to 1,2 bar but i must solve this problem before i do those works!
thanks
David

C

Crazy

Sounds like heatsoak especially since you live in Italy where it is very hot :wink:

Front mount will help 8)

Heatsoak = the heat from the engine rises up into the standard intercooler and it then soaks up the heat.

Hope that helps :D

S

str_motorsport

hi, it is not really hot in this period.
we had days with 35°c and never had this problem!
in many many years i never had this kind of problem.

A

AZ STE

What dump valve have you got .The standard dump valve can leak showing this fault.

Si..

have you tried doing an ecu fault check, something may have happened for the ecu to put it into a sort of safe mode,

mine once showed the codes for the knock sensor and the engine coolant temp sensor, the car had lost power because the ecu had done something to kinda safe guard it.

S

str_motorsport

the dump valve is standard...i have done the ecu fault check, but i git 55 so it is all perfect.
i have this problem only after 20minutes of driving....