boost gauges

O

owens

Ive just had my A pillar pod arrive and i was looking for a decent boost gauge to fill it with, idealy im after a smoked/tinted gauge, i have seen a couple on fleabay that i could be interested in
firstly a swoosh gauge http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Swoosh-Smoky-52-Turbo-boost-gauge-PSI_W0QQitemZ160193230095QQihZ006QQcategoryZ72215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

secondly an auto gauge http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180199327462&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

and thirdly a digital one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130185008204&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=003

has anyone got any of these ar any others they could reccomend

cheers

O

Odin

Will you Newbies please read the forum rules and post your questions in the right bl00dy sections.

It's quite plain for anybody to see that boost gauge's/ boost controllers/fuel computers are indeed up grades that should be posted in the TUNING AND UPGRADES section.

And Andy you're are supposed to be a Moderator so do your job matey :doh: , Answer the question by all means but move to buggers to the right place :roll: .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
O

owens

ive only got a 52mm pod and ive never seen deffi gauges in 52mm plus they are a bit more than i wanted to spend, realy and truely i dont want to spend any more than £50 per gauge

O

owens

since when is a gauge an upgrade it is merely a replacement part

O

Odin

owens said:
since when is a gauge an upgrade it is merely a replacement part

Not really matey, Because you are replacing a standard gauge for one that can actually read the level of boost you need it to :doh: .

Also it's more than likely that you are fitting it in a non standard position in the car, In a pillar pod or the like, So their for it's an upgrade is it not :roll: :doh: .

Even fitted to the standard position it's still a better gauge than the standard one therefor an upgrade!

Rob

O

owens

no it is a replacement, it will replace the original, yes it may be relocated but i am asking for info on the gauge not the relocation

perhaps you wish to add another section for recomendations seeing as your being picky with where i posted originaly

O

Odin

owens said:
no it is a replacement, it will replace the original, yes it may be relocated but i am asking for info on the gauge not the relocation
I'm not having a go at you fella, I'm just trying to keep the forum organizes and would appreciate your support, Buy you and the other Newbies posting stuff in the right place, Which makes the forum search function far more efficient ;-) :thumbsup: .

Rob

O

Odin

KF79GTIR said:
I bet your new gauge reads more than .7 bar therefor an upgrade.

Kev.

Exactly my point Kev ;-) .

It's not being picky it's called doing my Mod job properly :roll: .

Rob

O

owens

and i had originaly done a search of which no answer arose so i posted in the section i would class as correct, that being general R discussions section, perhaps you may take a step back and actually look at under the title of tuning and upgrades, they are what i would class as upgrades not merely a gauge replacement. im sure if Mr Gtir thought that the question was in the wronge section he would of moved it.

i understand you are only doing your job but take a look at it from a different point of view, i along with most others would not group a gauge with the likes of a turbo upgrade of which i belived the section to be designed for

KF79GTIR

Odin said:
Exactly my point Kev ;-) .

It's not being picky it's called doing my Mod job properly :roll: .

Rob

Yeah i know its hard all these newbs posting in the wrong section you just dont want the same as the moddies site being all like a jumbled mess wait till Andrew sees this he will be telling me im a newb i may be of the new school but at least i know how to use the search and correct sections unlike most these days well you know what they say there is always the ohter side they could go and play with.

Kev.

O

Odin

owens said:
i understand you are only doing your job but take a look at it from a different point of view, i along with most others would not group a gauge with the likes of a turbo upgrade of which i believed the section to be designed for

Why does everything have to turn into an argument :doh: :roll: , Just take it that in my opinion it was an upgrade and should be posted in that section :roll: .

And Andy does f*ck all regarding moderating duties :doh: , He's more of an event man (b1tch) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Mr GTiR

owens said:
im sure if Mr Gtir thought that the question was in the wronge section he would of moved it.
Sorry it should have been moved by me but I did not spot the mistake.

Odin said:
Andy does f*ck all regarding moderating duties :doh: , He's more of an event man (b1tch) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
He's bang on there :doh:

geoff pine

I with rob on this one any thing you replace on a car this old is an upgrade maybe you should have asked for another set of the original gauges in the PARTS WANTED section:doh:

O

owens

i give up, its totaly pointless asking a question on a site like this with individuals that are overrun with power, if you belive that a simple question about recomendations or opinions of a boost gauge should be in a tunning/upgrade section then hey i must be waisting my time

O

Odin

geoff pine said:
I with rob on this one any thing you replace on a car this old is an upgrade maybe you should have asked for another set of the original gauges in the PARTS WANTED section:doh:

Or indeed if it was like for like then it should of been the maintenance section ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob