Boost Controller Help

R

rice_thief86

I have purchased a Turbo smart T-boost controller its mechanical i have connected it up right and its by passing the stock boost solenioid. I turn the dial a few clicks and it keeps cutting out like making back firing sounds. The boost reading at abt 10psi which is still stock. What can i do to overcome the boosting situation??? by not replacing with a electronic boost. :?

Dooie Pop Pop

check the gap on your plugs its too wide probably. it should be .9 for standard plugs or .75 for iridiums.

Trent:dont talk about fcd' s you' ll get banned (by me)

sounds like your sparks being blown out, maybe faulty/old ignition components

R

rice_thief86

yeah i have iridium in my car they are a bit black so could that most likely be the problem???

R

rice_thief86

well im gona go get some new pulgs and if that the problem. But the thing is that if i was running 13psi the plugs wont last that long is this true????

J

jpward

rice_thief86 said:
I have purchased a Turbo smart T-boost controller its mechanical i have connected it up right and its by passing the stock boost solenioid. I turn the dial a few clicks and it keeps cutting out like making back firing sounds. The boost reading at abt 10psi which is still stock. What can i do to overcome the boosting situation??? by not replacing with a electronic boost. :?

When you say "Connected Right" what way did you connect it and what hoses did you use etc?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Dooie Pop Pop said:
check your plug gap if thats ok start replacing ignition bits
Before you start replacing bits, try a fault code check just in case. (it's free and easy);-)