bmw 545T ?

Davey

Anyone know anything about these, as I just got outdragged by one, pretty badly :?
Car's running very badly due to dodgy timing though (honest) :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Never heard of a T. The 545i is pretty nippy, 5.4-60 and 13.7 1/4mile. If it was a T not an i, then turbo added maybe? :?

tee

think its the newer range of turbo'd beemers, watch out for the 330ti, which is supposed to have a 3.5litre v with ttwin turbos :shock:

CruiseGTi-R

BMW are beginning to creep turbos in - even after years of banging on about NA being the only way to go.

Same with Porsche - for years they stubbornly stick with rear engined layout, then realising that the Boxster handles pretty much as well/better, low and behold the Cayman.

Tedious.

M

macphegf

I think that some Turbo BMs were made but only sold in mainland europe so most people haven't heard of them. Same as 4wd versions, you get them on the continent but not here for some reason. I may be wrong but thats what I heard.

tee

yeah most if not all the 4X4 BM's are only availible in the mainland and are designated the iX badges.

the turbos are comming for the current model 3 series but they won't be badged as one or something like that

MarkTurbo

Davey said:
Car's running very badly due to dodgy timing though (honest) :wink:
What still :shock: It was like that at the rolling road day in october wasnt it :lol: Nearly as bad as mine :oops: