blowing or lose manifold is this common?

A

Anonymous

Just really started the other day and now is sounding quite off like those 1.0 litre nova's not pulling as great too, it looks like it could be a cracked manifold or loose bolts as i heard some nuts rattle through the straight mongoose and out the back, what could it be loose turbo bolts, or manifold? Will remove the heat sheld and possible have a look tommorow

Keira

very much doubt anythings blown through the exhaust cos that would be pretty terminal :shock:

check the manifold is on properly, check the turbo is bolted to the manifold properly( mine came loose and was blowing its tits off ), check turbo elbow hasn't begun to remove itself and obviously check the exhaust

O

Odin

Yep this is very common mate all the bolts where loose on mine as well
and the same on my old pulsar too :cry: .

rob

T

Toady

yep, does happen! check that the bolt holding the downpipe onto the steady bar is there...as if thats missing it causes the turbo gaskets to blow due to the engine rocking back and forth. 8)

zia

mines been leaking for couple of months, lossing boost on mine goes to bar then drops down to .9, one of these days i,ll fix it :lol:

zia

A

Anonymous

Mine came loose last night on the highway :shock:

It sounds like I have no exhaust on - I'll wake up early tomoz to bolt it back on.

kirko

mine worked loose and blew gasket away so i took it all apart and changed all the gaskets and replaced nuts etc. while it was stripped, i just wanted it sorting with no repeat performance coz i hate doing things twice

E

Edd

my mates just went but the bolts were a bit loose and where the turbo joins the manifold it had warped the two faces so he had to get them machined flat so they didnt just leak again, so bear in mind if this has happened :wink: