blitz bov?

turbodaily

blitz bov - anybody had experience or running one of these on your r?

ive just won one off ebay, i borrowed a twin piston baileys dv off my mates r5gtt and it wouldnt 'dump' on my r, still getting the compressor surge sound through the filter. also tried a group A off a fiesta turbo and had the same prob. was told its something to do with the gtir running throttle bodies? am hoping the blitz bov will work.

cheers lads 8)

S

smcnairn

in had the same problem, im running a bar of boost tried a few different dump valves none would dump! I ended up getting a Forge one and changed the spring to the softest one they have think its the green one. It now dumps nicely. :-D

Dan_GTiR

It's all down to the weak vacuum source on the R.

I think there is somewhere on here that tells you a different vacuum source for the BOV, try doing a search.

Seek and ye shall find.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
I've got one of these on mine, and it's the best dumping BOV I know! Mines a combination of the older one (with the Pingu "beak" on it) and the body of the newer one (with the "snout" on it). Mines got the Pingu end on it as shown above.

They are adjustable, so wind it up and get ready for a sonic boom! :twisted: :D

turbodaily

donpulsar said:
I've got one of these on mine, and it's the best dumping BOV I know! Mines a combination of the older one (with the Pingu "beak" on it) and the body of the newer one (with the "snout" on it). Mines got the Pingu end on it as shown above.

They are adjustable, so wind it up and get ready for a sonic boom! :twisted: :D
cool :thumbsup: , what do you use to get the bov to fit the boost pipe as the pipe is pretty big?