Big Brakes...what have you????????????

J

jasegould

Hi all, I want to upgrade my brakes and im wondering which ones??
Ive done a search as there was a long thread by Zia about it recently but I think the replies were eaten by the old forum gremlim :evil:
I want bigger discs with 4 pots, ones that really work around the 600 to 750 mark.
If its easier could you just let me know what brakes you have, rough price and if they are any good?? maybe marks out of 10 or summin??
Thanx
J

ex-gtir

i have willwood 285 with four pots and there sh1t hot make a few weired noise but who care if you can stop give them 9/10 cost about £450 and look good come with lines and pads and you could collect as there at rally design in kent
mike

nickg123

I just put some Godspeed 4 Pots and grooved Disks with Mintex pads on mine - not really given them a hard time yet as i'm just bedding them in, but they feel pretty good so far!

Will update once i've had them bed in and have to stand on them!

Curtis

I have the Willwood 310mm fantastic stopping, Squeal like mad though...
Cost about £6-700?

8/10 would be 9/10 without the squeal.

A

AZ STE

Willwood 285s more than enough for road use Ring Rally Design you still might be able to get them for our group buy price :wink:

J

J-GTi-R

I have the Wilwood 285s as well and 10 laps of Castle Coombe didn't get them to fade so on the road, there's no chance.

I had mine installed by TorqueSport too, so not a squeak or squeal from mine at all (all I hear is the the sound of the passengers choking on their seatbelts when I hit the anchors...)

J

jasegould

Thanks guys.....the Willwoods do sound good, especially the price. Gonna wait to see how much i have to spend on the Mot first, hopefully not much

GINGA

I've got the hispec 325mm and billet 4 pots :) with ebc pads :evil: and while they work well most of the time sometimes they seem total sh*t, think its the pads though but won't know for sure till I get round to changing them :oops:

GTIR-LOZ

willwood 310mm, great, had to bleed them about 5 times though before all the air was out, but now they are great

the group buy is open ended so will go on as long as there are people wanting to buy them :D 8)

O

Odin

AP'S there fab. there don't squeal at all
and there never fade 8) 8) 8) 8) .

but there cost alot :wink: .