Better get me a new signature after RotorStock

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
fiecos dan said:
wot is actually wronge with your h/g?
I can only assume it's leaking at some point as I'm getting oil in my water.

Well done PaulW, nearly as fast as me :p . Nice meeting you yesterday.

gtir350

My Pulsar was the one running a tad on the rich side down the 1/4 :oops: Must get the ecu mapped.

Well done to PaulW who got into the top 32 fastest cars on the 2 days and ran in the Hot Hour on sunday

Think his Spec is.

Still on the TopMount
Modded T28 Turbo :!:
17's
Mongoose
BMC Carbon Dynamic Airbox
9200+ Rev limit ( ??? )

sure he's got a few more to add on that.

Dave

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
R-Type said:
Was there a tail wind?
What are you trying to say :shock: :p
but yes, there was a very slight tail wind at one point.

gtir350 said:
Well done to PaulW who got into the top 32 fastest cars on the 2 days and ran in the Hot Hour on sunday
Yeah, well done Paul. :D
I was the fastest Gtir on Sunday (as far as I know) but didn't want to jinx my car for the 170+mile return journey home, so I didn't run in that :oops:

G

GTI-R Kid

Very impressive Carl - is that still on standard box and clutch?

NISR227

Carl, well done mate, quality quality times, and your proven that my calculator is possible with the correct absalute perfect driving/thrashing. :lol: Still think that the reality is that your at least 265bhp on 0.8bar (and 1165kg) and not the 246 your quoting, but keep it up. :shock: Most people are over half a second off their potential, we must be looking after our cars. :lol:

By the way, don't go getting a rebuild just yet becuase there's oil in the water. My bro was told to do that so he did, on the road to spending a damn fortune when the car drove perfectly well with the oil in the water in the first place. See how it lasts.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If I was getting 265bhp on 0.8bar it means I got an extra 50bhp from 0.05bar and fitting the filter, exhaust and front mount. I did rolling road runs after the filter and exhaust and got 19bhp and another 4bhp after the front mount went on. What would I be making at 1bar, 365 :shock: :p
246bhp print out You must be the only person to argue that Well land underreads :lol:

I think it's down to the weight and the close ratio gearbox and the speed I bang the gear changes in :wink: When it hooks up and there's no wheelspin (normally :roll: ) the extra gear allows me to be in the power band longer and harder than using the normal box using 4 gears.

I aren't gonna rebuild yet, was considering a headgasket, but I think I'm gonna put it up to 1bar and see if I can beat a couple of the hall of fame records for the standard turbo and clutch :wink: :D
What was the cause of your brothers oil in his water?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The other factor I forgot to mention was the 215/35/16s I put on. These are alot smaller diammeter than stock and abit lighter too. I was hoping they'd help with acceleration and I think the extra 3-4mph on last time backs that up. :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
JIMMYBACK said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
so when are you gonna fix that headgasket? :lol:
never :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You might be right Jimmy :oops:

As it's running OK, no smoke, loss of power or anything obvious, I'm going to run it until it either it blows, or I get a few more bits together to get done at the same time. The clutch might be what calls it if that goes.

I'm thinking of turning the boost upto 1bar to see if I can get into the hall of fame for the fastest time on a standard clutch (if it'll hold out) as I only need 0.2second to beat it :D
If that works I'll probably get the clutch and head gasket done after that and then go for the fastest time on a standard turbo :p
Lots of ifs and buts tho :? (well, ifs and ifs :oops: )

gtirmouse

i went to that on the sunday and saw your fastest run, i did wonder @ the time if any of the pulsars were off of here.

Well done mate 8)