better braiking?

Gaz gtiR

as we all know the standard braiks on the R are absolute DOG POO. mine dont even lock up they just gradualy bring u to a stop :roll: i have to drive abouta mile away from the car infront :roll:

anyway i havnt got £600 to £100 at the min to buy uprated calipers & discs dous any 1 know how to get a little better stopping power out of the standard braiks?? eg. what pads? braided hoses? :?

vomitt

ebc redstuff pads, braided pipes and grooved discs is generally how most people get the best out of their brakes. evo 3 calipers and clio 172 discs are another cheaper option to consider. search function is your friend :thumbsup:

I

iomegalinux

i did put better pad on the front and back, and except that i can abuse them more has they accept better high temp, i cannot see any improvement.
search the forum, many poeple did fit skyline gts or z32 caliper, with bigger disc. They installed a braket to place the caliper at the right place.
also i think there's something with evo (?) caliper

Last edited by a moderator:

whytie

Try hi-spec you can get the full kit calipers, discs, pads, lines for around 550 which is good value for money.

williams

i busy getting 200sx calipers and discs to fit, just waiting on some almera hubs & hub assemblies to come to sort out how im gunna get the correct pcd.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I found the standard brakes pretty good for the occaisional hard stop. I wouldn't want them on the track though.
Distance wise they could match my AP brakes, but mainly because the APs locked easily and skidded abit too much.

Nasher

I went for some Carbotech XP8s all round and some decent brake fluid (RBF 600) to start with and it transforms the car. Now got some APs and XP10s and its a stopping machine.

Gaz gtiR

all sound a bit expensive still... :D haha wot is involved in the evo 3 set up?? as i imagine the calipers & discs dont just bolt strait on??

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Bob out an buy some either Mintex 1144, Ferodo DS2500 or CarboTech XP8 pads ALL ROUND. Also fit some braided lines, better brake fluid or just give it a flush and you should see a massive improvement.

That should cost you a lot less, all that equipment is easy to install and won't cost you the earth.

I know some have mentioned EBC pad, however if I were you I'd spend a few £££'s extra on the better pads above. You never know they might just save your life, your car and perhaps a potential road traffic collision...

Chris1

If your bothered about the evo 3 set-up then follow fubar andys advice, or check out a few of the ads / place a wanted advert. Might have to sit tight but it'll be worth it.
I stuck some hi-spec 4pots with 295mm discs on my last one. Paid £350 for the lot.
I think bob has a nice big brake kit for sale. Check out his advert in the parts section.
Got std brakes on my R at the moment and they're crap also. I'll be going down fubar andys route until I get some moohlah lol.

Cheers,

Chris.

Gaz gtiR

ill need 1 the size of titanics to stop the R lol also what route wold i go down to fit a ship anchor?? has this been done before? by the sounds of it it must of... :roll::lol::lol: