Best Tyres, mostly dry road use

bracpan

I woundred when I first go tmy Pulsar why I was passing to many people on the motorway....when my speedo wwas reading 80mph..only when I used a camera detector with a very acutate GPS speedo did i realise i was acually doing 86mph...I also run 205-45x16's...

John

What do you think of Yokohama A048?

My shortlist is
R888 in 195/50/16 size
Ad08 in 205/45/16
A048 in 195/50/16
I kind of covered this in my original post (2nd on this thread) but there is really no point in putting track tyres on a car that wont be seeing track time. Yes the R888 offers great dry grip but are you ever really going to be going flat out on the public roads? They are also pretty expensive, if cost is no object and the car is going to see track use then it makes sense to get track based tyres, but if you dont ever plan to track your R then dont bother with track tyres as, in my opinion anyway, it is a total waste of money.

vpulsar

I either use michelin pilots or continentals both work very well in both dry and wet conditions.

John

Perrin21

Anyone tried the fallen rt615k? These are available in a 205/40/16 that should correct my speedo. I'm having trouble finding decent tyres in this size.

nickr

i have run the falken rt615's but not the k's which are rumored to be less greasy after heating from road course/auto use and better wet traction. the rt615's are wicked for dry road use, terrible in the wet, and get greasy after a few laps on an autox course. they need cooling down to regain grip. stiff sidewalls, not a quiet tire and i do not use them below 7dg's centigrade.

bracpan

I have just fitted soft compound A70 Track day tyres and if it was for the road only they would drive me bad as they are so soft they pickup every small stone and throw it into the wheel arch its like driving a bloody stage rally..lol. Dont get me wrong the grip is far better then any road tyre I have had but if I were you I think the AD08 is a far better choice.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Ok so if I order the ad08, how do I get my speedo recalibrated. Its driving me nuts.
Christ man, its a 20+ year old rust heap. :roll:

It will never be accurate, my speedo hasn't worked for years but as yours works just make sure your under the 30 mark when you deal with speed cameras etc...

MarkTurbo

yes thats them....cant wait to use them in anger
I know a few people that have bought them for sprint/hillclimbs due to the shortage of SG R888's this year. I was going to use them too but managed to get a set of R888's at the last minute. Be interested to know what you think of them.

bracpan

I spoke to a few people running them last year and did not hear a bad word, plus they are better than the 888's if its wet. Will find out in a week.