best supporting modds?

red reading

Ported GT2871 with .64 will spool FAST and will do 400hp. IMO I really don't rate the 'disco potato' turbos on a pulsar at all. They can do like 20-30 more bhp than a stock unit and will be flat out. Even Garrett only rate them to 360hp.

E-manage can do the job, once upon a time it was a good solution, but things have come on along way since then.

Again simply IMO 560cc injectors are a little on the small side, you can just about at a push get 400 but they will be really beyond their comfort zone.
the man is right, now all you will need to go with the power is a good uprated gearbox..............and you will need it

red reading

Perhaps down the bypass, but not on track, I forget that most of you chaps use these cars for going fast in a straight line. Boring
lol you think mark is a drag boy! non of us who have commented on here use the cars for drag................just track/sprint/hillclimb and very fast road.

MarkTurbo

Perhaps down the bypass, but not on track
What do tracks have in between the corners :lol:

Gti-R's are pretty slow as standard really, they're just flattered by a quick 0-60 time. When i bought mine over 8 years ago it was totally standard, i also owned an Astra gte 16v at the time which was about 150-160 bhp. Once rolling the Astra would pull away from my sunny! The performance of some of the modern hot hatches is a a lot higher these days so a standard Gti-R would just get passed all day long on a track nomatter how well it handles ;-)

kelly

We need to know more about your car and objectives (power, use) to answer the question.

Jim
hi Jim

I'm new in this club. I bought a gti r and going to make a racing car of it, what i want to know what is their weak points and what i must do to build a reliable car for the track

johnsy

im with mark on this one, 0-60 not much comes close, but on a track against the likes of a modern hot hatch like a MEGANE R26-R i dont think you'd stand a chance round the twisties,

williams

im with mark on this one, 0-60 not much comes close, but on a track against the likes of a modern hot hatch like a MEGANE R26-R i dont think you'd stand a chance round the twisties,
you cant let a french hatch beat you on track!!!!