best sounding bov ??

R

r5ben

ive got a turbo xs bov on my R it was on the car when i got it its ok but dont sound as good as my old blitz bov
what other bov sound good or what is everyone else running ??
i was even thinking of taking it off and just not running one at all ??

blitz hks greddy ???

JIMMYBACK

ive had a bailey evo 6 twin piston on mine but i think it was fcuking the normal running of the car so i binned it in favour of a hks super sequential blow off valve ................hence no running problems to speak off but i think it sounds gay :shock: i want one thats dosent effect running of my car and scares the shit out of the local hill billies :D

Davey

bov's are gay m8, just take it off and not have one, or use the standard one with an aftermarket filter and front mount, nice whistle/flutter, instead of all that unnecessary whoosing :wink: :D

kyepan

nothing if your big and gay..

but he's right, stick to the standard one, its less likely to leak and mess up the running, like the hks sequential i had... and binned.

it did sound good though, but that was cause it would dump at the slightest lift, like a piston. cause the spring had gone. PTCHHHHHH

T

Tart

Oh sweetie..........

Fair point. besides, Im runnin 18psi on the stnd BOV and when I shoot my load under pressure it is pretty loud anyway, :wink: just means that drivin on low pressure, I can be subtle and I don't sound like an RS turbo pilling!!!!

youngsyp

jimmybackb said:
yer it does the job but sounds like a big gay whistle :shock:
You need to put the purple insert in it. It's a completely different sound. Kind of two stage. I changed back to the original insert a few months back and got bored of it in about 10 minutes.

Has anyone tried it without an insert ? If so, what's it sound like ? Mmmh, this could be this weekends mission :lol:

M

Mr Overboooost

Tart said:
Anyone know wot the megasonic is like???

very loud a bit like the turbo xs one if youve heard that :?:

good for making gay boys in there lotus jump and wonder what the f@cks that behind me :D

cheers
gary

Davey

jimmybackb said:
then if he decides to use more boost the standard dump valve will leak like a biatch :shock:
Think you've been listening to too many salesmen m8 :wink:
Has anyone ever caused a standard one to leak with too much boost (except because it was old/knackered)?

Keira

my mates got the sard one on his s13 and it sounds like an old man breathing his last breath, its sh!t imo :lol:

Keira

gtir.spares said:
Tart said:
Anyone know wot the megasonic is like???
very loud a bit like the turbo xs one if youve heard that :?:
i still like my granny scarer, just not in public anymore :roll: , am considering going back to a decent recirc.