Benifits of front diff?

warpspeed

are you even aware of how the diff you have sold works? if you were you would understand what i was saying, seems not, nevermind.....

Gaz gtiR

OMG... How many times. Did i put on the add (nismo diff for sale, fully checked & rebuilt, this item is like new) ??? NO I DIDNT. I said it is in (working order) Checked or not checked It didnt solve my problem with the car that ive got! So the diff wasnt at fault. Hence (in working order)

Dousnt matter if i know how it works or not, its a second hand used part.

Its been checked now by Perrin21 & its all ok. So you can stop crying now if you want :roll:

skiddusmarkus

Can this thread just die away now?He's sold a rare used part and got a good price for it, nothing wrong with that.Any doubts about it's condition have been cleared up by Perrin having it inspected.If it had been knackered and he then refused to contribute to the repair or refund then that would have been a different matter but from what I've seen of Gaz's posts he doesn't strike me as the type.

Regarding cost of gtir parts compared to evos and scooby's I remember when used parts for these cars were the same, but they have settled down over the years as the value of the cars has fallen.The cars come into the hands of people who cannot really afford to run them and it affects the price they will pay for used parts.
When a rare part comes up(like this diff) then people are more likely to pay a premium for it as the chances are they will know they might not see another for sale for literally years.When I was selling my centre lsd I got a huge amount of interest and even today still get the odd PM about it.I could have sold it many times over.

pulsar_stu

Gaz is a genuine lad!
I helped him swap the diffs over and it didnt solve his problem. so the diff wasnt at fault!
He is right in what he is saying, that it was and should of been sold as in good working order because it was when it came out.
I have no doubt that he would of given a full refund if it had worked out that it wasnt any good!

We all sell used parts without having someone check them over for us.

Point proven... Like i said above "funny how people dont read things" 2nd paragraph it says (if the engine had good oil pressure & compresion etc) would you still strip it & rebuid it before you sold it! erm NO! :roll:
and there's my point sailing over your head. So you would do some form of tests to see the condition of the engine, but not the diff. Therefore your analogy regarding the engine is completely null and void.

Mr B

are you even aware of how the diff you have sold works? if you were you would understand what i was saying, seems not, nevermind.....
Are you aware of the owners right to sell the item as he sees fit.
If he wants to sell it as is without inspection & someone is happy to bid or buy at a fixed price then fair enough & nothing underhand is taking place.
If anyone complaining had made some serious move aimed at purchasing but would of liked it inspected by someone competent & trusted but got blown out or fed a load of bull then fair enough but under the circumstances of the GTIR shit cars & engines that pass through ebay, gtiroc & gtirmc untested & owned by quality wallies & at far greater capital risk than £500>£600 for this diff, it is simply blown into a typical jumped up farce.
Unfortunately this type of forum behavour is a bigger weakness of GTIR tuning than its gearbox casing ...

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Technically speaking a non-paying member has no rights to sell anything on this forum and if Perrin bought something off Ebay and he's happy then all is good.

I think the mods here are pretty laid back. Maybe we're too laid back as reading from the start of the thread it looks like:
What does this bit do? Is it cool?
Oh look I've got one?
It's now for sale? Please don't delete my thread.

I let it lie at the time as Gaz has been around for a while but wish I hadn't bothered now.

I'm not sure where this thread is going but could we try to talk about the benefits of front diffs as some people have tried or just start a new thread bashing Gaz or the mods?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Are you aware of the owners right to sell the item as he sees fit.
If he wants to sell it as is without inspection & someone is happy to bid or buy at a fixed price then fair enough & nothing underhand is taking place.
If anyone complaining had made some serious move aimed at purchasing but would of liked it inspected by someone competent & trusted but got blown out or fed a load of bull then fair enough but under the circumstances of the GTIR shit cars & engines that pass through ebay, gtiroc & gtirmc untested & owned by quality wallies & at far greater capital risk than £500>£600 for this diff, it is simply blown into a typical jumped up farce.
Unfortunately this type of forum behavour is a bigger weakness of GTIR tuning than its gearbox casing ...
Comment of the month for me - nicely put

Born Again

All this centre diff/front diff info is news to me. Is the rear diff generally regarded as good to go, or is that also looked upon as an area of the car that's in need of an upgrade?