battery relocation?

mikeyp

why not take the standard tray and properly fix that to the floor in the boot? it has a proper metal clamp on it and should be ok in the event of a crash. then you could just cover that with some flimsy fibreglass box and not worry about how tough the box was as it would take no direct stress.

the toyota mr2 has the battery in the front with the engine and alternator in the rear. the main power lead is quite small (but thicker than the standard gtir cable) and has a fusable link in line. the mr2 battery is much larger and they don't seem to suffer any problems at all. the link very rarely goes.

why would going overkill on the cable size be needed?

red reading

Voltage drop is why, but then if you are putting the battery in the boot you can wire the fuel pumps into the battery via relay and fuse.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Read the thread in the link I posted, all the info is in there, correct wire, fusable link etc. or just search for the correct subject, this subject has been covered over and over again, so all the info you could ever want is there for the taking.

johnsy

is there any chance you can change the search feature, 60 sec is a long time when your trying to find something specific, I tend to lose my rag with it and fcuk it off

skiddusmarkus

Just to add, I gave up on the Odyssey redtop battery.Just not practical for a car you don't use very often as they go flat.I have a C-tek charger and would leave that on if it was stood for a couple of weeks but got sick of it not holding charge properly and bought a normal battery and moved it back to the boot with new terminals on.
It now starts first time and my ABS light has gone off at last.