Bad stutter!!!

jonesgti_r

My R has been stood for about 18 months now i brought it out last month for it's mot and a service . And then i taxed it yesterday .. Back on the road again :D

i've done approx 70 miles today on low ish boost 0.5 bar and it had been faultless .( i have given it full throttle ). Then i saw a friend of mine and i gave it abit 2 catch up with him :p .set of traffic lights on a hill go green i go up and over the hill accelerating down the hill it then levels of almost flat i was accelerateing up to a corner and then on the brakes accelerate around and out of the corner :p and pop fart and bang . :( . engine starts to missfire under load. :?: ( it was like it was firing on 3 cylinders. . rolled to a stop and turned it of open'nd the bonnet had a look round nothing obvious .started it up again and it was the same idle fine but would'nt rev under load .. turned it of and left it for two mins. started it up heard the fuel pump prime and she started. drove her home and it seemed alright although i did'nt go above 20mph in 4th and parked then her up .. looked at the dash and the fuel light had come on could this be down to going round the corner and having low fuel in the tank???

mods = ,walbro pump , pace fmic , hybrid turbo , hks filter and exhaust , hks plugs , willwood 4 pots , whiteline 4 point lower brace , cusco front and rear upper braces,

A

Anonymous

you running on new petrol?

18 month of petrol is probably like trying to run on veggie oil :lol:

J

jiw

This happened to me the other week, try your fuel system i.e injector plugs/wires, did they change your fuel filter on the service?, i stood a car for a while before and my fuel filter fell to bits inside, jeff

D

Dee 1

Same thing happened to me a while ago and one of the plugs had melted to nothing :shock: