AVCR mounting

A

Anonymous

Firstly, I wasn't sure if to put this here or in styling or where so Mods, feel free to move it if you like.

I've had my AVCR for a while now but haven't got round to mounting it properly yet. I've seen a few mounted in the center vent but I was wondering where and how you guys have mounted you boost controlers. Pics would be great if poss and any instructions how to do the same.
Then I'll make a choice and hopefully get it done in the next week or so.

Cheers,
Dunc

A

Anonymous

duncan,got it mounted in the center vent in carbon fibre.i can e-mail a pic if need be?

J

JamesArup

I just put mine HERE. Although if you have lots of theiving pikeys in the area who will probably mistake them for 'funky new graphical equalisers' (or whatever), then this route may not be so cunning!! :roll: :roll:

Cheers, J 8)

R

rsnissan

I had mine in the sun visor and founf that if using the gauges on the display u had to take your eyes off the road for longer as it was on a different line of vision (you couldnt just glance at it as you had to move your head and not just your eyes). I found once i moved it to the center vents it and was in the same line of vision as the dash etc it was far easier to glance at while driving.

Keira

I'd say he's painted the gauge surround himself to match the colour of car.

Isn't to difficult to get it all out ...

M

Muppet

I removed the vents and fibreglassed the hole up and then cut it out for the avc-r then painted it trying to get a similar texture as the original surround had.

regards muppet.

S

samellio

You can make a bracket to hang it from the glove box. it looks smart doesn't involve any cutting and takes 2 seconds to hide away..

G

gtir boy

celm said:
did u make a pod for it?take more pics of it please.where did u get the pod?also where did u get the gauge surround in that color?
more pics to follow, but it ain't a pod mate it is actually fibreglassed and then the dash got recovered in leather