Are Pulsar's Ugly..

saddler

I put together some road going cars from the 1990's to see why people class pulsar's as ugly,,i would say there ahead of there time in looks and performance,,
GT-Four ST165

antgtir

Interesting find that Carl.

R beats all hands down on the looks department :lol: The Lancia is very nice looking car imo but i do like the boxy look also.

Ant.

olliecast

i think people compare them to cars of today. its a different taste altogether.

i think the pulsar is a mix of early 90`s rally slag and 80`s vents / spoilers etc.

R

riske

Pulsar is mean and savage looking. i personally like the Golf mk2's and the delta integrale. But their nothing compared to the R

RU55 GTR

In my opinion, the Pulsar/ Sunny was never meant to be particularly attractive. It wasn't designed to turn heads when parked, it was designed to work, perform and impress when being driven. However, I personally like it's boxy, louvred, spoilered appearance. The car looks purposeful and aggressive and in my experience, they are a respected and admire vehicle among the enthusiasts.

It would have so much more of a following and far more respect if the rallying of it had been pursued with intent and with a 'real' budget.

'R' stands for 'respect' (not in a 'chav-tastic' way!), because, to be honest, it deserves it!

:thumbsup: :-D :thumbsup: :-D :thumbsup:

rams_pulsar

the R, back in the day must of been literally one of the fastest cars (0-60) on sale...not even ferraris were in to the sub 5 seconds to sixty yet, maybe F40 was but that was about it!

GTiR-Shaz

these days 'cute' cars are the fashion, imo early 90s cars/boxy type cars are the way the newer cars should be, thanks to all the max power boys putting 'pulsar style' bonnet vents on their saxos, they've ruinned the Rs rep and people unfamilliar with the GTir must think its just a 'sooped up sunny!'

i hope nissan make a new GTiR as they've alreay brought back the GTR and will be soon bringing the Silvia back too.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
i hope nissan make a new GTiR as they've alreay brought back the GTR and will be soon bringing the Silvia back too.
There was talk of this a few years ago.. But in the current economys i doubt they will be making any new high performance cars..

Honda already canned the new NSX which was looking smokin from all the marketing pics released..

dobby

In one word 'no' I love mine more every time I look at it. All the pics above are ugly as hell.

snoon

to the untrained eye we all look like dickheads in old nissans with bonnet scoops and cut front bumpers, there all about performance are R's.

They only look good through a rear view mirror - mean as hell especially with a front mount, problem with that is we dont ever stay there for long!!

nimhbk

Best car i have ever had the golf Rallye, i think it looks super, engine was no where near my gtir thou.
build quality was also great on the golf got it for £5000 and sold it £5000 two years later.

and it was a left hander lots of fun

Davey

How come the in gear acceleration times were so poor for the 'R, compared to some other's? It looks like you have to rev it more than the other's?

NME_RR

How come the in gear acceleration times were so poor for the 'R, compared to some other's? It looks like you have to rev it more than the other's?
Dont know the truths but im guessing it down to the gear box ratios and how much drag the gearbox and gearsets creates at higher speeds, i know the gti-r are pretty poor for transmison drag

mckelvr

i think the gti r is a great looking wee car ive been into them for years and owned one for 8 years and although its not my daily driver i wouldnt be without it