Apexi power fc question

jonesgti_r

Other than the huge price jump is there any difference between the power fc for the R and the 1 for the SR20 red top for the S14 200sx?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Have you been living in a cave since you joined the club in 2002 :doh: (and owned 4 pulsars)

The Power FC for the Pulsar is a modified 200 sx one. A company in Japan (think it was owned by Apexi) called AP Engineering adapt them to work for the RNN14 SR20DET, hence the increase in price over the standard SR20DET Power FC.

jonesgti_r

never looked into aftermarket management before.
Have a friend who says he can reprogram an S14 unit to work on the R but I'm a little sceptical

A

AJ4

you can, its only some minor looms changes ( and the gtir map is more aggresive )

cmng

I doubt that issue
S14 is running Igniter while RNN14 is running Distributor
i think that another point as well need to consider if you want to plug the
S14 ECU on the RNN14

CruiseGTi-R

jonesgti_r said:
Other than the huge price jump is there any difference between the power fc for the R and the 1 for the SR20 red top for the S14 200sx?
Yes, the difference is that one is for the R, the other is for the S14.

Sorry couldn't resist, but actually thats the answer. You can re-programme it but you either spend the extra money doing so, or do it yourself and **** it up.

A

AJ4

someone told me ages ago that the only difference was the loom... pity anyway as S14 ones are a bit more common :(

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Apparently it can be done.... You can run the the likes of the D-Jetro version on the GTiR... Just requires a slight modification to the wiring...

Rishi

A

AJ4

RishiGTiR said:
Apparently it can be done.... You can run the the likes of the D-Jetro version on the GTiR... Just requires a slight modification to the wiring...
glad someone agrees :lol:

F

Fusion Ed

Yes I posted this recently. Basically it involves changing the ignition system to the same as that on the S14. No big deal really.

cmng

the issue is S14, S13 power FC is darn cheap when come in new or used set
and easy available compared with the RNN14
you see the price also you keep boiling in your mind
why the FEXK RNN14 so expensive while the rest is cheap ?

err D Jetro version from power FC
the price of the D jetro is similiar with Haltech E8 plug and play kit
why not take E8 ?