Apexi BOV?

Mr GTiR

If it's the Apex i twin chamber BOV then feck me it's loud! I use to have one on my motor but swapped it for the HKS SS BOV. The HKS sounds nicer but the Apex i is deffo louder. Just depends on what you want from it Toby?

CruiseGTi-R

updated the link.

not really one for massive dump noise, but i do miss not having a atmous one, currently have oe.

ideally i'd like one which can be turned between recirc and atmous, sure I saw one somewhere once.

I was hoping the apexi one could be made 'quieter' with its collar adjustment thing.

Mr GTiR

The collar is a good idea but after time it becomes loose and ends up being useless. I ripped the collar off as i like it with a loud dumpping noise but i was running 1.2 bar through it :-D

If your running bigish boost most atmosphric (sp) dump valves will be loud.

I like the HKS one and it's a cracking pice of kit.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

HKS SSQV is great bov , people i no say that the apexi bov leacks air ,
if you have got a front mout intercooler get any bov and then have it welded to your pipe work goin to the intercooler from the inlet manifold

J

jpward

CruiseGTi-R said:
Do you need a pulsar specific HKS SSQV one or just a universal job, bit confused on welding on flanges needed.
I run with one and it sounds the bizz at 1-1.2 Bar and there is a specific R fitment but the EVO kit also fits and is better in my book cos its a shorter run and you can buy and adaptor to turn it into a RBOV all bits cheep on ebay pic of mine ;-)

CruiseGTi-R

well I'd rather buy a real one, so best pm me a price ;)

bloody ebay, littered with like 10 pages of $70 ones, they muuuust be fake surrrely!!

Dooie Pop Pop

Mr GTiR said:
If it's the Apex i twin chamber BOV then feck me it's loud! I use to have one on my motor but swapped it for the HKS SS BOV. The HKS sounds nicer but the Apex i is deffo louder. Just depends on what you want from it Toby?
try the ssqv at 1.8+bar...its not quiet mate:lol:

CruiseGTi-R

you run one of these yeah? cool, **** being quiet :) can always get a recirc adaptor if it pisses me off.

1.8bar, you must be loving it.

Mr GTiR

Toby, they are FAKE, they stand out a mile! If you look closely, they are a bit rough round the edges where the main cover bolts to the body of the d/v and also (biggest givaway) HKS is not stamped on the main cover.

Stu, Rishi is trying to talk me into a 3071 and 1.85 bar of boost LOL So i may find out what the SS BOV sounds like at that booooost 8)