Apexi AVC-R

Hi,

Just bought one of the above, can i fit it myself and set up or are they best left for a tuning shop?

Has anyone else fitted one, if so are they hard to set up?

Gaz

I've never seen anyone get that excited over 0.9 bar before ;)

Why 0.9 anyway? Why not 1.0? Hardly worth connecting the AVC-R for that!

Last edited:

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
britishrallying said:

Yeah 0.9 cant wait! going for 1.2, but will be running 0.9 for everyday running round. prob just keep on 1.2 though
Oh you impetious little devil you :doh:

Really pushing the boundries there :lol:

The difference between 0.9 and 1.2 bar is next to fook all.Hardly worth the trouble/expense of fitting an avc-r :doh:

huu-raa

i bought an avcr and safc so they will be getting fitted to i was going 0.8 on low and 1.3 on high or is that too high

mods - walbro 255 , FMIC mines ecu , denso ik24's ect

gtir350

Nothing wrong with .9 bar . That'll see most cars on the road behind you at any speed , If not then somthings wrong with your R or your setup.

What the hell?

Can I have a pair of those rose-tinted specs you look at the Pulsar through? They're obviously pretty bloody good.

A Pulsar running less than a bar is not a fast car. It's nippy. It certainly won't see off 'most cars on the road' :lol:

I'll stick with my unnecessary 1.5 bar thanks.

I don't run 0.9 bar mate. I have a spec that will cope with far more. Why the fuck would I want the motoring equivalent of a gentle summer breeze blowing through my engine when I can have a hurricane instead.

What a bizzare argument. You stick with your gentle breeze. You obviously couldn't handle anything quicker :roll:

O

Odin

Major_Sarcasm said:
I don't run 0.9 bar mate. I have a spec that will cope with far more. Why the fuck would I want the motoring equivalent of a gentle summer breeze blowing through my engine when I can have a hurricane instead.

What a bizzare argument. You stick with your gentle breeze. You obviously couldn't handle anything quicker :roll:

Now Now ladies :roll: , Lets not be having any fights over a little bit of boost :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

By the way my willy is bigger than both of your's :thumbsup: :lol: .

Rob

gtir350

lol, chill out ! :)

Boost should'nt always be the anwser to speeding up a car.

Ive ran my pulsars at various boost and find .9 bar and my current setup can pull away from most

O

Odin

gtir350 said:
lol, chill out ! :)

Boost shouldn't always be the answer to speeding up a car.

Ive ran my pulsars at various boost and find .9 bar and my current setup can pull away from most
I agree with you fella, Though I enjoyed the big 1.5 bar of my big turbo I also found that when I had boost control problems and had to run it at only 0.7 bar for a week or two, It was great to rag it through the gears with out the worry of over boosting, And with my big turbo it was still very quick 8) .

If 0.9 suits you then that up to you fella, Like you say until you get beaten whats the point of running unnecessary boost :thumbsup: .

Mind you nothing puts a smile on your face quite like feeling loads of boost pushing you back in your seat, And the scenery getting blurred :twisted: :lol: .

Rob

I'm chilled. I'm so chilled you could keep a side of beef in me for a month.

I did object to the gentleman asserting that my car was poo and his generally confrontational manner. Hence my diatribe.

Carry on.

gtir350

Narr, you just got wound up because you have to run 1.5 bar to keep up with a metro turbo,

I'm Joking !!! ;)

Have looked at you car looks very nice, I used to run around with 1.5, was thinking about goin 1.8 or 2, but it just caused more problems than its worth,

I started looking into ways to use the boost more effective.

Sorry if I was "confrontational" , just dont dis people that dont want / need to run lower levels of boost .

Dave

Last edited:
I find Pulsars with low(ish) boost fairly uninspiring and reasonably slow. As I said before, they're nippy, but not that quick. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I happen to like running higher boost. I like the 'hand of god' feeling you get shoving you back in the seat. It gives me a rush. If you like blatting around with your boost levels, that's fine too, but, in the same spirit as your comment above, don't diss people who want to run higher boost than you (or call their cars poo).

Now that we're all happy with our respective boost levels and general performance, I declare this topic all blown out ;)