apexi AVC-R - not reading boost? car is boosting..

Fazz

Hi guys,

Car recently rebuilt, and guys bypassed the aVC-r as they said it was boosting too much and blowing off intercooler pipes lik crazy...

So they ran one pipe from the inlet to the actuator.

Fine so far, now when I go to changet this, run my pipe form actuator to avc-r, and then out ov avc-r to inlet, the boost controller reads no boost yet the car is boosting.

Anyone know why this could be?

Its not teh pipe's wrong I've confirmed and tried all options. Also I know how it was before and have it exactly as that now.

The AVC-r still reads speed correctly, and i think rpm were too, but the boost isn't reading at all. stays at 0.
My standard boost gauge is correct and shows I'm going passed .7bar. I just don't know how much and I've been only cruising since as I want to ensure its not silly...

Anyone help please??

As a side point, the car is not boosting right, and hegs or sounds like a limitter when its not, so this may be due to too much boost or a fuelling problem. Or other. May be an intercooler pipe prob but the boost is on and standard gauge shows no falter so i don't think a boost leak.

antgtir

I know you say it cant be the pipework as you have checked but to me it does sound as if something hasn't been plumbed back in correctly:?

Sounds like you are hitting the peak fuel pump capacity, is the pump uprated? if so then i think it is overboosting big time.

Can you not start again with the vacuum hoses? Have you tried another boost solenoid?

Ant.

Fazz

I'll double check but there;'s not much to plumb in in this situ like...

Fuel pump is uprated and walbro, never a problem before now.
have not tried another boost solenoid - don't have one at my disposal.
Thing is, whether the pipe is running through the apex i or bypassing it, boost is flying off the gauge and this is when the hegging occurs. So i do suspect too much boost but can't control it even when apexi bypassed. I hava forge actuator. not certain what rating.

Any other help?

F

Fusion Ed

The AVC-R has a seperate map sensor to measure boost. Make sure this is plumbed in correctly. If it is you need to check all the wiring. If both seem ok then somewhere the AVC-R has a failure of somekind either in the wiring to the sensor or the sensor itself.

Ed

DannyGTI-R

Hi Fazz this pressure sensor looks like a small round piece of black plastic with a molded bracket with two hole in it about the size of a 50p but about 8mm thick which has a small electrical conector going to it with two wires, and at the bottom a vacum hose conected from the plemium. You must have this part for the AVCR to work....
I will try and find a pic for you.

Cheers

Fazz

An update for any future users with similar problem.

Indeed the AVC-R was not plumbed into the sensor - black coin size sensor. - located near the inlet in most cases.

So it goes from inlet - to sensor and down to actuator via t-piece.

This solved my problem.

Thanks lads.

antgtir

Just out of interest the actuator i would have thought should have been set to a lower boost rating than its max, you should be able to manually adjust the amount the actuator opens by altering the spindle attached to it.

If this actuator is uprated then it may be capable of 2 bar in which case without the AVCR the car would have boosted to the limit of the actuator? Am i right in saying this, can anyone else shed some light on my little knowledge lol:lol:

Ant.

Fusion Ed

Increasing the Pre loading the spring rate for increasing the point at which the waste gate opens is not the best idea (but is done) too much and you can limit the amount the waste gate will even open loosing control of the boost at all..