Anyone used a T3 Turbo?

Radleigh

going to be trying this out, cossie 4x4 spec one (T3 .48 ). Dont need or want masses of power, 300 is enough for now.... just want a quick responsive engine with no lag!

Not interested in GT series turbo yet, So dont mention about them LOL:lol:

No doubt i'll be going down a GT30 route later this year, or early next. All depends on my work tbh :-D

done a search, But cant seem to find anything? So im guessing it hasnt been done, Or no one like them?! :)

Thanks

MarkTurbo

Radders said:
going to be trying this out, cossie 4x4 spec one (T3 .48 ). Dont need or want masses of power, 300 is enough for now....
Dont bother, standard turbo with 1.2 bar should do 300 bhp easily ;-)

Matty B

MarkTurbo is right pal, stick with the standard turbo and turn it up a bit, easily see 300 bhp with a few other modifications. They are pretty safe up to 1.2 bar, been running mine at that for a while now and all is fine. Its not too bad on lag either, turbo is at full chat at about 3000 rpm.

Mr GTiR

What a waste of money when a stock turbo is easily good for 300hp.

If you want a quick spooling turbo without the expense of going to a T3 turbo then get a T28 with either 360 degree thrust bearings or a roller bearing core.

turbodaily

the stock turbo is a big t28, if you want it to spool faster you can put a .64 back end on it, but you will loose abit of top end power. either that or but a gt28. t34's work well on the sr20 but will be laggier than the stock turbo.

your best bet is to stick with what you have and crank the boost up like mentioned above.

Radleigh

EssexAaron said:
a cossie 4x4 turbo is smaller radley! especially with a .48

then you'd have to change to a T3 flange.
Yeah I know it is, But still good for 320/330bhp ;-) Not a problem sorting to a T3 flange either:thumbsup:

I can get the fab work done cheaply from a mate, So not bother about converting bits:-D

Adam L

I woulnd't rate some peice of shit T3 to that, they don't flow like the T28's do, you'll probably lose power. For starters the compressor housing is a .42 ar, that's a fair amount smaller than the .6 that comes as standard on the T28, not to mention the badly designed wheels, and they're hevier than the T28 shaft and comp wheel... It's not a particularly smart idea.

O

Odin

Keira said:
reverse modding at its very best, its a skill thats not been seen on here for a while :lol:
He gets my vote for mong of the month that's for sure :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

John

Odin said:
He gets my vote for mong of the month that's for sure :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob
Haha :lol:

I agree, I dont see the point in changing turbos when the stock turbo will do the sort of power your looking for, seems like money wasted on nothing!

Radleigh

New to GTiR's, So dont take the piss please boys ;-)

I just wanna get rid of the lag thats all :roll: Like I said, wasnt that arsed about power ;-)

John

Radders said:
New to GTiR's, So dont take the piss please boys ;-)

I just wanna get rid of the lag thats all :roll: Like I said, wasnt that arsed about power ;-)
If you want rid of lag get rid of the turbo completely ;-)

Nah but seriously the lag is pretty much non existant aslong as your not running silly boost, just have to be in the right gear really.