Anyone transplanted a rear Dakar diff to a boggo R?

GINGA

The standard R rear diff is a lsd unit :wink: the only one that isn't is the front which is a normal open type.

skiddusmarkus

Is it 8) ?I knew the front was a crappy open one and the middle is viscous though,so not a true LSD.
I'm sure VP said his rear diff on the Dakar was different to the one on his normal one though.
Carl-your thoughts please :D .

GINGA

the viscous is the limited slip part of the diff :wink: you may be thinking of the atb diffs that work in a different way to regular lsd's
The manual only lists the one type of rear diff for the R but then its a Uk manual so probably won't list the dakar version :(
I'm pretty sure its only the front diff that was different on the dakar car and the transfer box and probably the gearbox were also different to make them easier to change in service for rallying purposes.

O

Odin

I told skid it was the front that was dif not the rear :wink: :roll: .

rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
My manual lists a viscous (r180v sr20det) and a non viscous (r180 ga16ds) rear diff. Not sure how many ways they are. I'd have thought unless you have a problem with rear traction there wouldn't be much point in swapping.

GINGA

Fast Guy said:
My manual lists a viscous (r180v) and a non viscous (r180) rear diff. Not sure how many ways they are. I'd have thought unless you have a problem with rear traction there wouldn't be much point in swapping.
The R180 is for the GA16DS engined car not the gtir (sr20det) and is a normal open diff, the gtir is fitted with the r180v

To late I'd all ready quoted it :wink: :lol:

skiddusmarkus

VP you're memory is getting bad in your old age-I thought you told me it was rear cos you could get the back end out.Or maybe it's mine :oops: .

skiddusmarkus

No problem with traction at rear as yet but am swapping the front and centre so wanted to do the rear too.Ah well,that#s saved me some cash anyway.
I'm assuming all the diffs will have the same ratios and it's just the final drives that will be different :?:

cmng

skiddusmarcus
:D

i looking for the Rear LSD for you as well

but i have one idea which maybe a stupid idea.

GTIR ATTESSA
possible can you swap the whole rear assembly
with Silvia, A31 Cefiro Skyline rear assembly ?
or GTR Rear assembly ?

as far i know, Nissan Rear frame assemble can be swapped each other
among the RWD car as well the GTR and 4WD GTS

A

Anonymous

i'm pretty sure the dakkar(rally) box and diff set are different lsd's

i have all four to fit to my car when i break this gear box that i have now.

cant wait for that tho the dakkar box is lovely

A

AVOGTIR

my rear one is mechanical, it clunks around a bit, bit is pretty tight.

the arse still doesn't like to step out, which is annoying,