anyone not selling there r left?

rossdj1983

whats going on- seems like everyones selling up (though i did question it myself). some top notch r's going for silly money at the mo, wish i came on the gtir scene now and bought one of them, would of saved a pot load of cash + agro

PaulB

and me, just no need with the money im putting into it. Wen im fed up of it on the street (and its paid for) itl be a track day car really.

Get a more up to date car for the road. This is probs 5yrs away tho !!

scottyd

Yeah, i mean, i'm unemployed at the moment, but i'm still keeping the R, infact it's getting full tein coilovers, edfc, all new bushes, and front/rear strut braces delivered tomorrow, and fitted at the weekend hopefully. Thats dedication (or stupidity), It's coming off the road when insurance runs out unless i get a job or find a way to fund it, but theres no way im getting rid of it, it's just so much more important than anything else.

Braveheart

I bought my car for the track... It costs a pretty penny though to produce something worth it's salt for racing. You have to decide what your limit is. I had a budget of £6k and find it difficult to stick to. It will be a never ending (fun) project.
If I had the garage space, I would buy another R 8)
You are only here once but I'm too long in the tooth to be meeting up in car parks and blasting up and down the highway.
It makes me laugh to hear that guys will not take there car out on the track incase it breaks yet give it dogs abuse in a car park or road showing of.:doh:

Oh well.... Long live the R

D

deslynam

I'm only selling as I need something more pratical for general use and TBH I don't use it enough or in the fashion for which it was made - everything I love about it is also what holds me back from using it all the time & doing the miles in it.
Shame, as it's helluva fun and even my girlfriend said I should keep it if I can!

P

pulsarboby

Braveheart said:
I bought my car for the track... It costs a pretty penny though to produce something worth it's salt for racing. You have to decide what your limit is. I had a budget of £6k and find it difficult to stick to. It will be a never ending (fun) project.
If I had the garage space, I would buy another R 8)
You are only here once but I'm too long in the tooth to be meeting up in car parks and blasting up and down the highway.
It makes me laugh to hear that guys will not take there car out on the track incase it breaks yet give it dogs abuse in a car park or road showing of.:doh:

Oh well.... Long live the R

totally agree, but every one to there own, as they say 'it would be a boring world if we were all the same!

i may even consider keeping my pile of shite after spending so much wonga on it:lol:

Braveheart

pulsarboby said:
totally agree, but every one to there own, as they say 'it would be a boring world if we were all the same!
Sure thing... each to there own.
As far as I can see, there are a good number of R owners keeping the car alive.
It's a fantastic vehical for the money and if your lucky enough to own one it can be a real addiction and almost life changing experience. (for the back pocket :shock: ) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Get an understanding partner first before you start modding GTiR's though. ;-)

steve963

mine was £5500 1 year ago, purchased from Japan, totally standard:shock:

the pennies I could have saved:doh:

O

Odin

geoff pine said:
Why would i want to sell it iv'e only had it five year's

I've had mine about 6 years now maybe 7 I'm not a 100% sure ;-) .

Rob

geoff pine

steve963 said:
mine was £5500 1 year ago, purchased from Japan, totally standard:shock:

the pennies I could have saved:doh:
mine was £5295 0n 7/1/2003 so four years not five with 105246 klm on the clock just seams like a lot longer.

O

Odin

I paid £9500 for mine 6 years ago :shock: , But it did come with a quaife gearbox/AP four pots and only 46000 miles on the clock.

Rob

steve963

cant beat chewing the fat with the GTIROC when you should be working i`m stuffing envelopes :-(

does show what bargains some of these cars up for sale are then!

LOU ROB

I'm on my second R at the moment after owning the last one for 4 years, my "new" one is now owned by me for nearly a year. 5 years in R ownership and an empty bank account.

I'm keeping it for another year at least as I have put in a hell of a lot of wonga into this muther phucker, so I may as well enjoy it.