Anyone changed their dump and downpipes?

nickr

Just bought a higher flowing dump pipe and down pipe for my gti-r

Was getting the dump pipe off the turbo hard to take off?

Got any tips?

Did you take the bumper off?

Any help would be good. I'm a gti-r newbie.

Thanks
Nick

O

Odin

nickr said:
Just bought a higher flowing dump pipe and down pipe for my gti-r

Was getting the dump pipe off the turbo hard to take off?

Got any tips?

Did you take the bumper off?

Any help would be good. I'm a gti-r newbie.

Thanks
Nick

Their is no need to take the bumper off, You will need to take the top panel that goes on top of the rad though (4x 10mm bolts and a couple of 12mm ones holding it to the bonnet catch).

And then remove the rad and both fans ( they all come out as one).

You should then be able to get at the elbow and down pipe.

Rob

MarkTurbo

Odin said:
You will need to take the top panel that goes on top of the rad though (4x 10mm bolts and a couple of 12mm ones holding it to the bonnet catch).

And then remove the rad and both fans ( they all come out as one)
Or if you remove the 2 rad fans first then take the radiator out you'll save yourself the bother of taking off that top panel ;-) :lol:

O

Odin

Well it all only takes 10 mins to get that lot off and makes life so much simpler, Yes you can struggle and leave it all alone but I prefer not to, Horses for causes and unlike you two geniuses :roll: this lad hasn't done the job many times, So I thought I'd give him as much room as pos to get the job done :roll: .

But one of you two could always go and do it for him if its so easy :roll: .

Rob

ashills

dont start getting all stropy rob kieron isnt here lol
nah suppose it stops a few curses but then you have to drain water etc
theres nothing easy about it the back bolts are a real pain in the ****

MarkTurbo

Odin said:
Well it all only takes 10 mins to get that lot off and makes life so much simpler, Yes you can struggle and leave it all alone
Its not a struggle though :doh: Both rad fans off and the radiator comes out easily ;-) Actually what am i thinking :oops: you can leave all that lot alone completly! Get the front up in the air and with a few wobble drive extension bars and some contortionist type manouveres with a spanner and the turbo elbow is off :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Am I missing something. My mongoose downpipe went on from underneath. Can the elbow be taken off easily in situ? ie why are any slam panels, rad, fans etc needing to be touched?

Disclaimer. I think my whiteline lower brace might need to come off to do it now.

O

Odin

Lets just face everybody has their own way of doing each job, I like to make room to work, It seem's mark wants to bugger about with lots of special wobbly tools to do the job, As I said horses for courses.

Rob