Anyone bought from Koni direct??

BenD

Just wondering, as its too late to ring them :roll:

Has anyone enquired as to what brand Koni would suggest for springs?

I know they dont make a kit, just the inserts, but what springs do they actually recommend???

Cheers :wink:

Ben

J

jasegould

Why not go for the Whiteline springs seeing as they are sold with Koni inserts as part of Whitelines suspension package :?:

BenD

Sorry i posted it in the wrong forum :oops:

Thats what i would be looking at getting, but im just curious as to what Koni actually recommend

i have also heard that they do not come with a warranty, as the inserts are actually not designed for the GTiR :shock:

Anyone shed light on this??

Ben

M

Mr Overboooost

BenD said:
Sorry i posted it in the wrong forum :oops:

Thats what i would be looking at getting, but im just curious as to what Koni actually recommend

i have also heard that they do not come with a warranty, as the inserts are actually not designed for the GTiR :shock:

Anyone shed light on this??

Ben
the reason is that the rear shocks come off the front of a nissan maxima and front come off of some sort of jeep but i canr remember which one it is.
so as they are not for the specific car they were made for they wont give a warranty but you dont have to tell them that they are for a gti-r do you :wink:

cheers
gary :)

ashills

speak to woodford they will tell u about them they are made for teh GTiR as far as they say and u can get them from motor factors as they are teh importers from holland as far as i know

M

Mr Overboooost

ashills said:
speak to woodford they will tell u about them they are made for teh GTiR as far as they say and u can get them from motor factors as they are teh importers from holland as far as i know

koni do not make a insert specific for the gti-r and that comes direct from koni themslves so i think someone is telling you porkies there. :shock: :eek:

cheers
gary :)

B

bean

I sent an email to a Koni suppliers asking if they do shocks for a Pulsar GTI-R, this is the response I got:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Koni do not list anything for this vehicle, however we have a
customer who has found out through a Austrailian contact some
part numbers that fit and work well. You may like to contact them.

Playmini & Japanese
Faygate, Sussex
tel: 01293-851944
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just rung the guy and he got an Australian supplier to send him the Koni shocks that fit the Pulsar, he also sells springs his own springs to go with the inserts.

Total price £641.55 for shocks and springs package.

I asked what the koni insert part numbers are but he didn't know (may of not wanted to tell me) but mentioned they were of some unknown/spurious vehicle.

M

Mr Overboooost

you will find the part numbers on the boxes when you by them but i think ive got them somewhere so i will see if i can dig them out. :D

speak to nick at play mini he is a very helpfull chap. :)

power station sell them and they are very helpfull aswell :)

cheers
gary :D

E

Edd

the koni inserts and whiteline springs are £500 plus vat from powerstation.
So for under £600 you can go pick up the 4 inserts plus springs from Powerstation ;)
This was about 6 months ago, prices may have changed now :oops:

BenD

Thanks alot for the replies :D Makes you think!!!!

And im glad that has cleared it up for me, as i was racking my brains last night! LOL :roll:

But did they say what springs they would supply, or are they only willing to sell the inserts?

Cheers

Ben

B

bean

BenD said:
Thanks alot for the replies :D Makes you think!!!!

And im glad that has cleared it up for me, as i was racking my brains last night! LOL :roll:

But did they say what springs they would supply, or are they only willing to sell the inserts?

Cheers

Ben
Nick at Playmini supplies his own springs, they're based on a make from Aus and drop the R by 25mm. He reckoned this was optimum for handling and tyre wear.

B

bean

gtir.spares said:
you will find the part numbers on the boxes when you by them but i think ive got them somewhere so i will see if i can dig them out. :D cheers
gary :D
Yes please!!! :D

I'll then see if I can get them trade price through a mate.

jonesgti_r

May or may not be true but was speaking with a local lad who has an Almera Gti. He contacted Koni and they said the springs for his car where identical in rating too the standard Gti springs that Nissan sell only painted red with Koni stickers on. I'm not 100% convinced myself but he knew alot about cars and wasn't your run of the mill Lax Flower w@nker