anybody know this car?

gtir_pimp

it sais 320bhp in the title so the 350bhp could be a typing error. these motors are getting cheaper every day. soon we will be paying people to take them away! you better view it quick before pulsarboby gets there!

neal

well i was just asking as i was thinking of going to buy it tomorrow, but im not sure it all adds up that cheap with those parts and that power etc etc??

Fire & skill

Vintage member
all in it sounds a good car for a good price, but when you read its just had an engine rebuild it does make you suspicious

gtir_pimp

well i was just asking as i was thinking of going to buy it tomorrowquote]

never go with the attitude you are definately buying it, otherwise you have almost talked yourself out of NOT buying it even if you get there and theres something wrong

P

pulsarboby

lol dont worry im not gonna buy it:lol:

take a little tip from uncle bobby though;-) bring a plug spanner and a torch and ask the guy if he will let you remove one of the spark plugs to check and see if its got forgies fitted! if hes genuine then he wont mind you doing this, or ask him to do it if he doesnt want you tampering with his motor.
get one of the pistons at tdc, remove plug and shine a torch down plughole, now if you see a ring around the size of a 5p piece in the centre of piston then that means they are standard oe pistons.
do not rely on paperwork alone as that can be easily obtained from anywhere.

theres been a few cases lately of people selling cars saying they have forge internals etc when infact theres nothing of the sort fitted.
once they have your wonga theres little you can do about it.

neal

not me!

i tried getting his post code but he didnt give it to me!

i asked him to get me the mileage of the engine aswell but he didnt, he said he was unsure so i asked him to check it against the mot closest to the rebuild date on the paperwork but he never got back to me with the details!