Any good- screamer pipe

samgtr

There was a group buy on the modifiers a while back, looks good, i emailed him recently and the prices he gave were:

Hi Samie
Thanks for interest in my product.
Price list:
turbo elbow - $340.00 plus $55.00 for postage to UK
turbo elbow/down pipe $440.00 plus $115.00 for postage
High flow cat $250.00 no extra for postage if purchase with any of above
product other ways $380.00
Equal length runners manifold s/steel 3 mm wall thick to suit GTiR turbo in
standard position - $680.00 plus postage
3 Inch high flow exhaust $680.00 plus postage
Spark plug cover in s/steel and mirror finish $130.00 or free if purchase
with full system turbo back
Please note - I need about 14 working days to fabricate any of this product
from date I receive payment via paypal

expensive but loads are using and i think they look well built

whytie

Yes bit pricey but im finding it hard to fine a good turbo elbow, i think this one is only 2.5" ive been looking for a 3" but if people have bought them an there are say they are fine i might buy.

whytie

Yes exspensive ive been looking locally for somewere to make a custom one but no luck yet.

steve963

i had one too, exhaust leaks out of the screamer bit all the time sounds like a blowing exhaust

would be ok if screamer sealed properly but the design makes it impossible

nice to have a quite car until full boost! then massive change in noise!

stumo

So what does this screemer thing do then?What are the pros and cons of this pipe?

It does feck all apart from make a shitty noise and make you look like a tw@t.:der:

It'll also make you much more likely to get pulled by the police.:doh:

Tim

I quite like the noise of a properly fitted screamer pipe... I guess if you were to have one fabricated properly it would kill two birds with one stone too.

steve963

dont think its possible to make one what dosent leak without having a external wastegate turbo and external wastegate

Tim

I think if you have a plate welded into the gate on the standard turbo it will work, but it's a lot of faffing around!

samgtr

i have my external wastgate/ screemer pipe coming directly of the manifold, on full boost it sounds nice, and normal driving its as normal