Any advice is welcome! please help

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
azboy said:
hitec are good and can give a idea of the problem, but theres lots of other people who know there stuff out there too, if u dont have an idea of what ur talking about and cant answer the question dont say anything, trying to make someone look stupid for asking a question is sad, why not just say do a search and see if u can find anything simular, or does it make u feel big sitting on a computer giving it, because to me it makes u look like a sad muppet who needs to get a life, if u got nothing to say to do with the post dont say anything.
If he won't listen to Ian,what do you think are the chances of him listening to anybody on here?

I can't make anyone look stupid,people do that all on their own :lol:

Before anyone asks any question on here,the 1st thing that should be done is a search.We don't want the same people answering the same bloody questions time after time.

Have you never wondered why the "older hands" very rarely start topics? Possibly because they are more prepared to do a little search for the info they want/need ;-)

The only thing stopping the hoards coming into this topic with views on FPR,cams,fuel filters,turbos etc etc etc etc is that i told him he should've listened to Ian.

There is far more chance of Ian diagnosing the fault 1st time than listening to every far flung outrageous cause that gets offered up on here.

I'm quite happy to do just about anything to help people out but,they should be prepared to do something for themselves along the way and not expect to get their ar$e$ wiped every time :thumbsup:

T

tinkasturbo

Mmm joind dec 2006 not a paid member if i was you i would turn your computer off and find something else to do like i said earlyr the poor guy was asking for advice not for someone to tell him exactly what was wrong with his r he asked if anyone else had the same problem as you said (OAP-R) THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM so people can ask what they like when they like if you dont like what you read then go find a closed forum.:der:

ashills

oap r has probably more knowledge of different parts of the R than most (as hes used so many lol)
as he said if the guy dont want to listen to ian etc then will he listen to us ?
easiest way is take exhaust off from cat and see what happens if no different its not the exhaust if it over boosts or car picks up better than job done get a new exhaust
ive got a full mongoose syetem he can have cheap lol noisy bloody things

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
tinkasturbo said:
the poor guy was asking for advice not for someone to tell him exactly what was wrong with his r
What :doh: Of course he wanted someone to tell him what was wrong,that's why he asked the question to anyone that was prepared to listen :lol: :lol:

tinksaturbo said:
(OAP-R) THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM so people can ask what they like when they like if you dont like what you read then go find a closed forum.:der:
What :doh: Every forum that i know of or have ever heard of,expects newbies to read the forum rules and to do a search for info before posting up stupid questions like "What's the best oil" Maybe it would be worth your while to read our forum rules every now and again :lol:

T

tinkasturbo

stupid questions are usualy followed by stupid answers,work it out mate,good advice is hard to come by,imo any advice being from a prof or a novice is all good and as everyone knows people who make a living from fixing/tunning cars arnt alway corrrect in their findings 9 times out of 10 all they want is your hard ernd cash.

A

a11ova

For my 10p's worth, i joined the two pipes that go to the boost solenoid and i still only made standard boost. It could just be that the engine's tired, its happens!! Have a llok into the exhaust tho, could well be the answer as suggested

mds

Thanks for all your help
I did'nt mean to cause people to have bad blood between them.
Just for the record i did do a few searches which yielded very little.

Every one is different and some people are very direct and highly opinionated with there opinions which some people find rude, I don't see this as being rude it is just their nature i see nothing wrong with that.
The problem is some of the guys on here have seen it all when it comes to the R, other's like me a pure novices, they find people like me to be a nuisance.
Sometimes however it may go along way to be a little more gracious with your knowledge.
Thank you to the guys that said i was "just asking a question," and then proceeded to argue, but it is unneccesary.
As i said i asked the question not because i did'nt value Ian's and Owen's opinion i just thought someone else might have had a different view.

Let's end this banter.
I did remove the rear box and the problem was solved.

PS: THE OFFRSIDE HEADLIGHT BULB MADE NO DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Last edited:

stumo

If it was me, i'd have checked the exhaust first as that's what two professionals said.

if that was ok , THEN i'd have asked on here.

P

pulsarboby

sounds to me as though theres too much oil in those tyres which is causing excessive back pressure to your wastegate.
try some 14'' wheels as they will revolve a lot quicker and raise the dylithium crystal levels to warp rate.
this will give you approx 70 bhp more atw with a huge torque increase throughout the rev range.
job done;-)

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
tinkasturbo said:
stupid questions are usualy followed by stupid answers,work it out mate,good advice is hard to come by,imo any advice being from a prof or a novice is all good and as everyone knows people who make a living from fixing/tunning cars arnt alway corrrect in their findings 9 times out of 10 all they want is your hard ernd cash.
What? Is this some sort of riddle :? :?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
mds said:
I did remove the rear box and the problem was solved.

PS: THE OFFRSIDE HEADLIGHT BULB MADE NO DIFFERENCE!!!!!
i hope you'll be on the phone to Ian and thank him for his correct diagnosis ;-)

MarkTurbo

Look at all the trouble you've caused you silly old f00ker :lol:

I suppose thats a big
to all the people that said that it wasnt the exhaust :lol:

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
MarkTurbo said:
Look at all the trouble you've caused you silly old f00ker :lol:

I suppose thats a big
to all the people that said that it wasnt the exhaust :lol:
I can't help it,i need some serious psychiatric help ;-)

I really can't just bite my tongue when peeps like that come along.I just feel they waste everybody's time :evil:

G

Green Dragon

I'd just like to say. This is my first post on here as I have only just got my first GTI-R. I was going to join your Warm, Kind, Friendly forum until I read how you shoot down 'Muppets' and 'D1ckwads' for asking 'stupid' questions. I have done a lot of searches for answers to my own 'stupid' questions, and I'd just like to point out, your search facility, isn't all that conclusive!!

I left the last forum I was a member of, mkivsupra.net, because of all the know all idiots, who thought they knew all the answers, bullied newbies into silence, and jumped on them for daring to ask for help. It seems it's the same on here too!! Nice one.

If you don't mind, I'll not bother paying my membership fee and just remain a 'silent' observer, hoping the answers to my questions get asked by the older generation members who can do no wrong!!

And just for reference, do you know how anal you sound quoting 'club rules' and 'forum policies'? FFS lighten up, it's meant to be a bit of fun!!

Sorry for the rant
Chris Shaw (opinionated)