Anti-lag

Gaz gtiR

Call me a big kid if you like lol But everytime i hear ANTI_LAG on other cars it puts a BIG smile on my face! :-D

Im just wondering if anyone knows if anti-lag is possible threw NISTUNE for the pulsar?? & how long is expected turbo life? as im only running standard turdo.

Hopefully Ed will be able to shed some light??

MarkTurbo

You'd probably get away with mild antilag for a while, the type that Evo and Impreza owners have because they like the noise of it :lol:

But its pretty pointless on a road car to be honest ;-)

Gaz gtiR

yeh i know its pritty usless on a road car. but like you say i just want the noise. youve got to admit it dous sound good ;-) i think you can have it on an a swtch cant you?

MarkTurbo

youve got to admit it dous sound good ;-)
Aggressive anti lag on a proper rally car sounds good as you can hear in this video from one of my local rallys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iux1R_3d0c

But a few pops and bangs from a car fitted with mild antilag because "it sounds good" actually sounds crap and i've heard louder farts! Notice it looks like its being revved up in a car park, probably to impress his mates and a load of 14 year old girls ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GFgSB8gQ9g

If you want your car to sound like its running crap take off your dizzy cap and soak it in salt water. If you want to run anti-lag get out the cheque book; for a worthwhile set up you'll need to get a turbo with a maram shaft, inconel exhaust manifold, to replace the stock ICV with an anti-lag by-pass valve, exhaust gas temp sensors and an ECU to run it. On top its pretty worthless unless you're running a big turbo so you'd also need the relavent supporting mods to run said turbo i.e. big spec engine and gear box. I'm guessing as you're still on a stock T28 you don't have these.

Murff93GTiR

I like the noise of antilag but like stated unless your going all out with it theres no point.ill be happy with the pops and bangs ill get fromy R with the front exit exhaust :)

mikeyp

what systems are the just outdated wrc cars running? (2003-2010)
there were a few of them running that same rally as they link mark put up, none of them had any audible antilag..

just got back from rally GB too and none of themwere popping and banging like the 80's and 90's rally cars either.

MarkTurbo

Another thing with proper antilag is you'll have no servo assistance on the brakes as the manifold will be pressurized instead of under vacuum.

I saw this video on the MLR earlier, perfect example of antilag doing one of its jobs. Getting a car with a big turbo off the line very quickly 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_onMjruyzd0

STU666V

Another thing with proper antilag is you'll have no servo assistance on the brakes as the manifold will be pressurized instead of under vacuum.

I saw this video on the MLR earlier, perfect example of antilag doing one of its jobs. Getting a car with a big turbo off the line very quickly 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_onMjruyzd0
Fcuk aye!!!

I need a car that fast!!!

Danny/Martyn

Sort it out for me :)

I wish!! Running low on body parts to sell!!

GTIR1000

i had one on a skyline pretty mad things, there for launch and they are a fuel cut so the engine does not reach redline and get fuel starvation. then it cuts fuel dumps it in exhaust then you get the shotgun like noise. it was a bit mad when it went of lol

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I would have thought they're more use for the McDonalds car park. - It's just an ignition cut so you dump lots of unburnt fuel into the exhaust... You also get borewash (from pumping fuel in without any spark), if you still have a catalytic convertor it will be toast (although I'd guess that's not an issue), and I don't think you lambda sensor will thank you either.
That doesn't seem like a very clever idea to me, but it will impress the chicks at the drive-through window.

People have definitely done it, because I've seen them for sale on eBay already wired into a GTi-R ECU.

Gaz gtiR

yeh they sound good. but im not after it for mcdonalds car park to impress 17 year old girls in there boyfreinds saxo. i grew out of that 10 years ago when i was 17...

like i explained in the thread topic. i just like the sound of anti lag but as its been explained i havnt got the supporting mods!

so the next best thing is this BEE R rev limiter by the looks of it!

basicly its just so i get the backfire sound on gear changes. but obviusly i will have the rev limit set around 5.500 rpm to be safe! & turn it off if i want to rev higher if im havin a proper play in the R!

fast eddy

What is this site coming to!

People wanting silly sounds from crap rev limiters etc that damage engines. I have heard of the BEE R doing exactly that. It just scatters/cuts the timing to limit revs. Very dangerous.

Also something that i do not get is people wanting the loudest dump valve they can find, usually set soft so it dumps early. Why waste the boost? I always use a high quality recirc which helps keep the turbo spinning between gear changes.

Spend your money elsewhare mate.

Eddy