another problem with it!!!

fletch

well as some of you know i had dramas with my old engine,

well got the new one in and done probably 200 miles and all is well but.....

earlier i noticed i had popped an intercooler hose off, so i pulled over to put it back on only i now have smoke out my exhaust on idle. smoke coming from the catch can and it seems alot of oil has come out of my blow off valve.

put my hose back on and drove another 20miles and its still smoking:doh:

this is all i need,

also my oil press and temp and water temps are fine and i havent used any oil or water that i can see

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I must have missed the one about the first engine, but assuming it blew, did you find and cure the reason why, or just slap a new engine in an let it go the same way?

fletch

the first engine,

turned out i had a piston ring gone so instead of building one myself i bought one that was recently built and fully forged and had that put in and it run fine,

im pretty convinced that its turbo related

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
When you say piston ring gone, do you mean a ring land?(quite common) or just one piston ring on one piston (not too common)

GTIR-LOZ

best do a compression test to be sure, if its ok i would remove all pipes etc and clean them out and then try, but could be that your turbo seals are/have failed and the oil is working its way around the intercooler etc

gtir_pimp

i had a simmilar problem ages ago. no pipes popped off but i had oil coming out the BOV and my turbo had just died. is your car still boosting ok? you might of only noticed the smoke when the pipe popped off as it might have been there before?!

fletch

turbo still boosts fine, only smokes on idle and its not even that bad,

id be suprised if its the turbo seals as its fairly new and has been fiddled with somehow, (has a turbo techincs badge on it)

P

pulsarboby

could be the oil from previous engine thats got round the ic etc and pumped back through throttle bodies, may pay to remove the ic and all piping and flush them through to get rid of any oil traces.

if theres oil in the inlet tract it can only be turbo or breather pipe pissing oil into the air intake. theres no other way for oil to get in.

if a ring had gone the oil would be getting burn off down the exhaust similar to if a turbo oil seal.

if a ringland had gone and was pressuring the engine with crankcase pressure, it could cause oil to enter the air intake via the breather pipe.

simple answer your gona need to find the problem urself from many sugestions on here :)

fletch

its nothing to do with rings or anything internal,

its got to be turbo,getting it comp tested tomorrow just to be sure and i have another tip from a member to do aswell,

fingers crossed,

to be honest im a bit sick of it already and might sell it on soon once its sorted:roll: