another person who needs clutch advice....

M

mynheers_a_pint

Hi chaps. Having done a lot of reading i have decided the next upgrade needs to be the clutch. I want to go for higher power so have decided to go for one that rated over 400lb so i am looking at the ACT clutch or the RPS max street. However i am unsure which is best or whether or not there is a more suitable alternative. So advice in this regard is appreciated.

Further to this i am struggling to find a local garage/person willing to fit the clutch. Boby would be ideal but my worry is that being almost 3 hours drive away, there could easily be an issue meaning i would need to stay there as leaving the car there is not practical to collect later on. In this regard, Bob YHPM. But does anyone else have experience with companies in the hampshire/wiltshire/dorset region that wont charge the earth and know what they are doing? I am looking at rising sun and have spoken to Triton but neither are quoting any less than 12hours/£800 to do the job.

I have a feeling the cheapest and best option will be Boby and if needs be find some accomodation but i think it best to atleast ask!

davey red.r

12 hours:shock: :doh:
just any good mechanic in your area with a good rep,
should be able to do it in 4 or so hours,my engine and box was out, and giken fitted in four hours.
cost me £400 and thats from a lad that is quite expensive.

davey;-)

davey red.r

there is a one on ebay,in very good condition ,bought but never fitted, has good plates8) starting bid is £99.
get in there they dont come up often.

davey;-)

warringtonjack

davey red.r said:
there is a one on ebay,in very good condition ,bought but never fitted, has good plates8) starting bid is £99.
get in there they dont come up often.

davey;-)
Hehe, listen to davey, he's good at spotting the bargains!! Thats why I got my OS for 200 quid!!! 8) :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

liam will pm you now sorry but been a bit busy and overlooked the one you sent:oops:

MINESGTIR

I got a spanking deal on a 200sx clutch on ebay. brand new HKS GD PRO II clutch and flywheel....clutch rated to over 550lbs ....the good deals pop uo now and then mate...also the clutch is so nice to drive with too ....