another clutch question

Fire & skill

Vintage member
my 'R' supposedly has an os giken clutch, ive been running 0.9bar boost for about two months now and have only covered around 2000 miles. it started slipping a few weeks back nothing major, but now its slipping constantly - even on standard boost. theres no way i have an os giken clutch then :cry: im looking for a bit of friendly advice really, im not planning on running above 1 bar and im looking for any suggestions on what clutch to buy? ive looked at AP clutches, lots of folk have said good things about them while others have said quite the opposite. i dont want to spend too much on the clutch as the car is practically standard and doesnt need a triple plater :D :lol: any help apreciated. or if anyone has a spare clutch in good nick i'd maybe take it off your hands!!!

mattygti-r

you dont have an OS clutch in there id bet my money on,

they dont knacker that badly even on standard car thats seen a fair bit of abuse woudl have thought your gearbox would go before the clutch they are veyr very good clutches

APs are ok , ive one in mine but ive the paddle clutch not good for normal round town driving requires abit of skill to drive it too, cos its bit :roll:

get the other ap version

Fire & skill

Vintage member
thanks for the advice - and seeing as you are a long serving member of this forum i know its good advice. i will be shocked if i found out it was an os giken in there when i get the new one fitted. will phone amber this week. shame SRB only sell helix :cry:

mattygti-r

helix are just as good i cant comment on what they are like to drive thou

everyone has their own opinions on clutches etc, i can only tell u what the AP paddle is like ive had no prbs with it thou as i say its a real ar*e to drive so wouldn recommend you get an ap paddle

my advice may not be spot on , i mean you could have an os clutch in there but if your car is standard etc, cant see someone putting in a clutch that costs £££££££'s ona standard car when there are otheres out there cheaper adn would do just as good a job, you will find os clutches are mostly in those Rs whos owners are going for or who have big power.

even if its an import id be suprised if itwas an os, mainly due to the fact its slipping they are made well and unless its had some serious serious abuse couldnt see it goign

do you have any documents for it?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
no documents to prove it im afraid but it has an os giken sticker on the boot :? was told there was one in it (not the boot, the gearbox you dafty) so i just took it as gospel. i didnt pay over the odds for the car so its a case of win some lose some :( . im not particularly bothered really. paid close to 6 grand for the car, im well pleased with it otherwise. at least i'll know what clutch is in it when its fixed. but like you say there would be no point in having an os giken unless there was big power under the bonnet.

mattygti-r

the japs love their stickers,

it could have had something by os in it before etc, u never know

but dont think its an os clutch