Alternative T3 manifold

Trip

I found this on the web and it looks like it is the optimum type for response and minimise lag.

Being it a topmount, my concern is if used in conjuction with a GT3071R-T3 will the compressor side be far enough to clear the engine head and the bonnet.

Trip

What about if you turned round the turbo, having the compressor side on the drivers side, like the 2nd pic above ?

Is yours a modified top mount S13-15 Manifold ?

scottyd

Maybe that could work if you turned the turbo around.

I really cannot help you with the information on where the manifold came from, as i bought the car like this, maybe if you pm ChrisS the last owner or get in contact with stu rawlinson the guy that built it, they may know.

edit: upon looking at the engine, i think it would be a harder fit to fit the turbo the other way because of the T shape of the rocker cover if you know what i mean.

Last edited:

ChrisS

The manifold was made by protec in the states. The external gate bolts on underneath and screamer pipe goes straight down. Exhaust run is pretty much as standard
Its a custom radiator for the turbo to fit.
Hope that helps.

Trip

I did more tests and resulted that the radiator hose pipe is in the way of the Inlet.

Conclusion: NO GO

ChrisS

Trip said:
I did more tests and resulted that the radiator hose pipe is in the way of the Inlet.

Conclusion: NO GO
Thats why a custom radiator was used.
Not that expensive to get made up.