ally half roll cages

A

antilag

spoke to a friend today who is gonna b making me a polished ally rollcage just for show though as will probably fold in if i roll it lol.anyone no of anywhere that sell these as i need to work out if its worth him making them ect

A

antilag

well i say half i just want it all behind the front seats in 3" polished ally :D :D

gtirpulsar

Spider had them made like 10 years ago when he woeked in NME. They were just sat inn has garage and sold them on. He was always adamant he wouldn't get any more made up and I don't think he's on here anymore. However they are very nice and I was able to use mine to support my fat weight so I expect it will do a fair bit to strengthen our flimsy chasis up :)

S

SunnyGTi2.0

Let us now if you find any cages then!
How do you fit them? Do you have to cut some corners on the back seat? Does anyone have a picture of an R with a cage fitted?

A

antilag

i might b getting a few made but would imagine all cages will b for cars with no back seats mate

S

SunnyGTi2.0

too bad :cry: :cry:
I want a cage as well, but I need my back seats.. Do you know of anyone making cages for this?

A

antilag

i am new to this rollcage $hite so not sure but just loose ya back seats mate fook em as long as there is a drivers seat let the fooking kids ect roll around in the back lol

A

AZ STE

Ive got a roll bar fitted to mine I copied Pete Pulsars which was an original optional extra on GTIRs.It goes across the rear behind the seats going through the two side sections it bolts on the optional extra rear anti rollbar in the boot there are holes for it.where it goes through the side of the parcel shelf you fit two semi circular flat discs to hide the cuts.

S

Sirnixalot

i wonder how Spider would feel about replicas of his cages :idea: :?:

U

Urban_R

thats the whole point of a half roll cage isnt it? to keep the back seats? ive heard that they can push up the roof of the car, and stop the doors from closing properly? am i talking sh*te or is this a fact with half rollies?