AirCon

Peoples Opinion on Aircon?

• Total voters
P

Pulsar666

Just wondering what people think. Shall I keep My aircon on or take it off?

T

Toady

well ive just taken my engine out, but kept the ac kit all in place cos i dont wanna loose it! if its got it, and it work fine as mine does! and you like it!!! why rip it out just cos it weighs a few kilo's! :roll: personally i love having aircon for those rare hot summer days!!!! :wink:

JIMMYBACK

im in the same postition.ill only take it out if it affects me getting more power outta the beast :D

LeeSmith

Kepp it in unless your stripping everything else out the car!

Will you really notice the difference?

I'd rather have it in as it does get damn hot in the summer sat in traffic

P

Pulsar666

My engine is out at the mo i think it needs a new condenser? It is nice on those hot days stuck in traffic and you can put the aircon on. Does anybody no whether i can use the new style gas on this system? If so i can regass it at work!!

Cheers

LeeSmith

u can, the old gas needs to be taken out first though by machine as I believe it's illegal to be vented to atmosphere.... :lol:

P

Pulsar666

Yeah thats ok because it had all leaked out before i bought the car 5 months ago, thats cool means i can just get it in at work and regass it. Result. :D

T

Toady

yeah you can refill it with the new gas but you might need some new valves.

Mr GTiR

rip it ALL out and weight the mounting plate that the pump bolts upto. Br prepared to sh1t yourself :shock:

jonee

r

air con is the work of the devil :twisted:

if you wanna cool down open the window :D

it weighs a ton

well not quite but its close

jonee

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Mines off, the mounting plate only was over 5kg.

Typically an Air con system wil weigh between 30kg and 50kg

If its hot in summer wind down the window and drive faster :twisted:

hmmm

I would keep it as it won't make much difference at all in terms of performance and you'll always have the option of using the AC on the rare hot days. On the other hand if you are stripping the car to lose weight then it's worth getting rid of.

warringtonjack

50kg! :shock: :shock: Thats the equivalent of carrying an 8stone girlfriend in the car at all times :lol: !! Without the obvious benefits associated with such a passenger of course!! :wink:

JIMMYBACK

warringtonjack said:
50kg! :shock: :shock: Thats the equivalent of carrying an 8stone girlfriend in the car at all times :lol: !! Without the obvious benefits associated with such a passenger of course!! :wink:
now thats reason to bin it :D :lol: :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The R one might have been lighter than 50kg but its that ball park.
My mates CTR had an aircon option for a £1000 and 50kgs ccording to Honda. He didn't bother. :wink:

S

Stoned

It weighs 29kg. Someone on this board went to the hassle of weighing it all for us.
I took mine off as it didnt work and the pipes were p1ssing me off.

That mounting plate weighs more than 5kg!

I reckon the car felt more responsive afterwards, especially on the crap standard brakes :lol:

S

stomski

i wish i still had mine, as with full leather, i can see the summer months and drives to various meets being very stuffy :oops: :oops: :roll:

S

Stoned

stomski said:
i wish i still had mine, as with full leather, i can see the summer months and drives to various meets being very stuffy :oops: :oops: :roll:
Nonsense, thats what the sun roof is for!