Aircon removal

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You guys that have removed the condensor from inside the car, what did you use to seal the holes in the bulkhead as the origional grommets now have holes in them.

I can't find a large grommet in any shops, so it maybe a case of a trip to the scrappys if there's nothing readily available.

Mr GTiR

i've got a box of different size grommets and just found 2 that fit. As Jimmy say's you can buy a box of assorted grommets from Halfords

Fire & skill

Vintage member
the evaporator is inside the car - the condensor is outside the car. i wouldnt have thought it weighed that much :? most of the weight is in the compressor and the condensor

JIMMYBACK

Fire & skill said:
the evaporator is inside the car - the condensor is outside the car. i wouldnt have thought it weighed that much :? most of the weight is in the compressor and the condensor
as tescos say every little helps :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
OK, evapourator then :oops:

I tried Halfords and my motor factors and they only did small grommets, alot smaller than I need. :(

S

Stoned

I was lucky when I did mine and happened to be standing in one the the most well equipped garages i've ever been in, and it had a box full of them :)

But as said Halfords certainly do them, by the fuses and other random section

C

C12YSP

quick question, is it hard to remove the aircon? its not going to blow up in my face if i start removing it? :shock:

chris

O

Odin

C12YSP said:
quick question, is it hard to remove the aircon? its not going to blow up in my face if i start removing it? :shock:

chris
You are supposed to get it drained properly as your not supposed to let all them CFC's in to the air :wink: . But I just stood back and stuck a screw driver in the drain/filler valve :shock: :lol: .

Over all it's not a hard job to remove, But remember you will need a shorter fan belt for the alternator.

rob

A

AJ4

lol, I undid the tyre valve / refill nozzle on the pipe that went over the top, same effect :D

O

Odin

AJ4 said:
lol, I undid the tyre valve / refill nozzle on the pipe that went over the top, same effect :D

Right you planet killer I'm sending your name and address to greenpieace :wink: , I'd be expecting a letter bomb or two if I where you matey :shock: :lol: .

After all as you know greenpieace never use violence to further there cause :wink: .

rob

A

AJ4

lol, thats why I drive such a low emission, fuel efficient car ;) :D:D