Air fuel ratio meters

MarkTurbo

I was thinking about getting an air fuel ratio meter for my car. Is it worth it?

I think i read somewhere (might of dreamt it though :lol: ) that this type isnt very accurate and would probably read rich all the time on an R?

What about this one though? Anybody got one?

I found this too, it displays air/fuel ratios between 9:1 and 30:1 8) Although its about £1100 :shock:

Keira

You really need to get a seperate wideband lambda and run it off of that for super accuracy.

speak to ashills :wink:

ashills

bottom one is same style as i use and is the proper way to do it, u need to know the actual number value as to what u are mapping to
ie ideal world u want 12:1 for best power but mines mapped to low 11s for safetys sake and to keep it a bit cooler
if u only want it check ur running rich roughly then just get a seperate lambda for about 30 down the local parts shop and hook it up to a normal AFR gauage that the likes of auto meter sell etc
all depends how much u wanna be able to see from it
price for the cheap way 100 quid all in
price for expensive way from about 300 upwards

MarkTurbo

Cheers Ashills :D

I'm after one which would indicate (reasonably accuratly) if the car was starting to lean out.

O

Olly

That lumention one is great very fast reading even when only in the exhaust pipe, Mark i have used my Autometer one as a guage but as you know it maxes at 1.0 volt and the Nissan Lambda i have seen hit 1.3 but if its anything like most cars even 1 volt is rich so i would say that if it don't hold 1 volt straight away under load then back off and get it checked on the rollers. But it is surely better too see the lambda sensor operating, than to forget about it a wait for a melt down, if in any doubt fit a new sensor, they only last about 10 years effectively. 8)