air con total removal?

J

Jon

now that my a/c pump has seized, i am now going to totally remove the a/c system..
does anybody have some pointers or know of a how to, if they have done this job themselves.
i have searched the forum & not found any posts.
thankyou for any help.
Jon

A

Anonymous

oh my god u have a bitch of a task if ya gonna take of the plate to do it properly the turbo may have to come off.... the plate weighs a ton i broke the screw to get it off....
the rest is pretty easy ithink mike dont all for me....

J

Jon

[?].
hmmm, maybe i will just put the smaller belt on then :)& leave it in for now,
i thought it (hoped it) would just be a case of unbolting it all & throwing it in the trash!
Jon

A

Anonymous

I had the complete under-bonnet A/C system removed at the start of the year. Took the guy about 3-4 hours including removing and then re-fitting cooling radiator. The plate that the compressor fits to was a bit tricky, but once you get the right spanner its ok.

Jason[:)]

Uncle Winnet

did my 2 weeks ago had it all of in 1 1/2 hrs its not a hard job just take ur time

john

341 bhp and 1 loose nut behind the wheel

chrisniss91

I'm thinking of doing this, what exactly needs to come out to do a complete removal and what/where do i buy the new belt from[?]Would a garage do this for me [?]

ex-gtir

i normaly remove the aircon when i do the clutch as people ask for it to be done shouldnt take more than 1.5 hrs like said before one bolt behind the turbo elbows a b..stard to get to
think the belt is a 845e from halfords
mike
if you want to repair the aircon i have quite a few aircon pumps sitting about????[:D]

chrisniss91

Do ya think Power engineering would take it out as it should be going back to them in a few days for a new clutch FREE [:D] Even the labour should be free[:)] Is it much extra work to do for them as its abit of a cheek to ask them to do more if it's being done free[8)]Would the belt be all i need to give them

ex-gtir

well i do it for free when i do the clutch did your clutch fail then if its their fault they should be happy to do it to make amends
mike
yes the belt is all you need

chrisniss91

Not sure to be honest but i know they feel guilty the springs in the clutch have failed they said it was a manafacture fault, i shoyld get a call today to find out[:)]