Air con removal

kenan

South West Regional Rep
I heard if the older gas hit a hot manifold for example it would turn to Mustard gas?

P

pulsarboby

think ive destroyed the ozone layer single handedly then:lol::lol:

still no fooking sunshine:roll:

bracpan

If it means making the hole bigger in the ozone layer please carry on as im fed up with 3 bad summers and tree huggers telling me, we have global warming...
99% of this climate change cr*p is just another way of getting us to pay more for less....as usuall just a big con. So vent to your harts content.
Good luck
Phil

Mist-R

I've already de-gassed it haha, ooops! Just wondered about removal of the pump and finding a shorter belt from a non air con model........
Wanna basically get rid of anything unecessary in the engine bay thats keeping the heat in.

Animaldaz

Seems I touched a raw nerve there! Ive been on a few A/C courses and they dont stop banging on about all the environmental effects R134a and the old R12 can have, And also as a buisness if you were caught venting the stuff there would be serious implications! That may have been a load of bollocks but I would'nt post on a public forum that I had been doing it.
I found a gates 5pk838 belt fitted perfectly

Tim

I managed it, and i'm useless!

I used a uk gtir aux belt and it fitted with very little drama!

MarkTurbo

Only warning I give is, try not to inhale any gasses that might escape when removing pipework, I got a faceful and floated around the place in a daze for a few mins! :lol: :doh:
I used to work as a refrigeration engineer 10 years ago, if you are going to let the gas out yourself make sure you do it an an open area and dont inhale it :doh: The gas is heavier than air so in high concentrations could suffocate you if it gets in your lungs ;-)

stumo

I used to work as a refrigeration engineer 10 years ago, if you are going to let the gas out yourself make sure you do it an an open area and dont inhale it :doh: The gas is heavier than air so in high concentrations could suffocate you if it gets in your lungs ;-)
Can't we line up all the dumbasses and get them to have a good lungfull or two.........:thumbsup: