Aftermarket gear set failures???

red reading

Had'nt forgot about the audi, It's just beyond most people to be able to fit it and the haldex, eventhough we could do a roll in and roll out conversion if people really wanted it martyn.

grim_d

What Audi was that particular haldex system from? A TT? Didn't it also mean that the engine had to sit even lower in the bay? Not ideal for the sump. What was the reason for that?

skiddusmarkus

Also forgot i have a nismo diff to go in mine too........ how do you price that i reckon it must be £1400, all the prices i put up are for new parts too in my previous post, and remember you only need something as heavily modified as that if you want to run alot of power and drag race it.
Think those middle diffs were around a grand new Danny but will vary with exchange rate.

nismoboy

What Audi was that particular haldex system from? A TT? Didn't it also mean that the engine had to sit even lower in the bay? Not ideal for the sump. What was the reason for that?
The reason for that was so the tranfer box and rear diff were mounted at the same height. How would i know this lol.

MarkTurbo

Had'nt forgot about the audi, It's just beyond most people to be able to fit it and the haldex, eventhough we could do a roll in and roll out conversion if people really wanted it martyn.
I know it'll take a lot of power but isn't the haldex system a step backwards handling wise as its not really 'proper' 4wd as it puts something like 90% to the front wheels and only sends it to the rear when it detects them spinning. I know somebody with an A3 hillclimb car and he said it does all sorts of strange things mid corner :lol:

Unless you can change it somehow?

nismoboy

you can get a standalone control system for haldex which u can set to 100% lock which will give u a maximum of 50% to the rear wheels but this is only recomended for drag racing and launching, as in this position the car wont like going round corners at all it will behave very unstable round bends, this best setting is to have around 30 %going to the rear, but as mentioned above this still wont behave like a full time awd system.

Trip

I don't think there are any gearboxes similar to our pattern which have a torque baised to the rear or better still be able to dail in a percentage similar to the DCCD of the Scoob.